Best friend

"hello dude" I greeted Frey on call
"Hey man, what's up" he queried
"Nothing special,wanna meet up tonight" I really need to share these roller coaster of emotions and I know Frey is the one since I cannot discuss it with Eve.
"Yeah sure, I'll come to your place as usual"
"Great, see ya buddy"
I hung up the call.

It's frustrating how deeply these emotions are playing with me, I'm engraved as well as disheartened to know that my Eve suffered so much, I thought I knew her but now I seriously doubt that I even know her a bit and this feeling is gnawing away at my soul.

***************

We catch up at my house whenever we both get time off of our work.

I was resting my feet on the cozy sofa in my balcony while muse on the stars above in the starry sky and dwell in the thoughts of my Eve.
The atmosphere is indeed so pleasant and the breeze touching my skin every now and then providing the much needed comfort.
I heard the door creak open when Frey made it to where I was waiting for him, desparately.

"Hey man what's up" he found me leaning on the trailing edge of the balcony.
"Hey dude" I welcomed him with a cheerful fist bump.

"Hey what happened bro, you look devastated" he enquired with tighted brows
" I am devastated" I retorted
"What's the matter?"
I illustrated him everything about what has been stealing my ability to stay calm.
He seemed surprised at first then reacted with his eyes bulging out of their sockets.
"Whoa that's alot to take in one meeting bro, so what are you going to do now" he was peculiar to know what I've decided
"I don't know man, all I know is I'm not ready to leave her, she is a part of my life no she is my life, I'm just afraid that what if I become the pain? I can't accept that there is so much grieve in her heart, whatever she is now is the result of what happened with her earlier. She doesn't deserve all this agony" I expressed all my frustration by banging my hand on the table i became miserable.

"Hey hey control Anthony" he stood up and held me by shoulders and slightly shook them to bring me out of my miserable state
"Look at yourself what have you become, this isn't the Anthony I know, I know your in pain but you have to keep your cool man, if you lose your control how can you possibly bring her out of her pain?" He was intense and compelling, He tried to bring sense into me.
"I have no idea how Frey " I ran my hands through my hair, pulling the hair in twists.

"I know you'll figure it out, just focus on how you can make her happy " he was right I should focus on her, our future not to fret on her past, now that I know about it I know what's my responsibility is.

I thought for a second and I recovered myself from this coerced thoughts.

"Yes, I'll not just be her happiness, I'll be her peace, I'll be her comfort, I'll be whatever she needs me be, I'll be her FOREVER " I declared with such determination and I've decided what I have to do. It's going to be me before her, whoever it is has to go through me to get her.

I felt like my senses are working again, I turned to face Frey, he's expressions show that he's impressed and a tint of proud clearly visible in his eyes.
"There's my Anthony" he stated as he raised his wine glass

I went closer to shake his hand and pulled him to a arm hug.
"This is why I need you man" I held his hand in a my hands and admitted why I needed him at times like these.

It's was a good idea to discuss it with him after all, yes Frey is a typical man but it isn't his fault either, we both had different goals but our parents pulled the strings on us in such a way that we had to agree to become the owners of their business empires. We had to adapt and portray ourselves to our business environment because everyday we are expected to meet a lot of deligates from different firms and take important decisions in order to prove ourselves to fit our roles and expectations.