19

ALANA

"I think you should go for an off the shoulder neckline, you have beautiful collarbones" Mama comments as the designer shows us dress options.

I had no idea how hard it was to get a dress made. While mama is still talking, the woman pulls out a dress that makes me gasp. It is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. It has stones and sequins that look like stars and the dress itself is slim and body fitting with long sleeves but it has extra fabric at the back, almost like a cape.

The neckline is what the designer calls 'sweetheart' but it has extra, almost transparent fabric with even more stones and sequins.

"This one is so beautiful" I whisper looking at the dress, quite possibly with an open mouth.

"Oh sí! It is truly the most beautiful one! And the detail is so intricate!" Mama gasps aswell. "Dolcezza do you think this is the dress?" She asks and I nod, without a doubt.

"I-if that is okay with you, I love this one" I say to her. We have been deciding way too long anyway.

"Oh perfect! Did you hear that Farah? My nuora will want this one"

"Oh sí, a very fine choice, the dress is mostly handmade by yours truly herself and the work on it took me days to finish. It is Swarovski crystals and is truly one of a kind just like Donna wanted." She describes.

I quickly glance over at mama. That sounds expensive.

"Oh perfect! The Don will be so pleased, he had asked to pick something for his nuora that no one had ever seen." She beams. Her excitement puts me at ease about my dilemma. I am sure the donna knows what she is doing.

"What about your veil? Is there something specific you want?"

We end up picking a very large and beautiful net veil with very pretty white embroidery at the tail. And a very beautiful and simple white dress for the reception.

Once Farah had taken all my measurements, she had left the with the promise to have it fitted for my body by Friday.

"Now, for your jewelry I must let you know there is an heirloom you have to wear, it is this big and flashy necklace so if you do not want to wear it at the ceremony then you can wear it at the reception, it will look much better with the neckline on that dress." She explains to which I nod. "And for the ceremony, I will get small earrings, that should look good" She nods to herself.

"Now dolcezza, I had asked Xander what he wanted for the wedding but he does not seem to have alot of input, is there anything you would like? I could ask the wedding planner to fit whatever you heart desires into his plans." Mama asks.

I do not think I want anything. I am sure when you marry someone you love, your heart desires. Tells you what it wants. But now that I really think of it, I do not see the point of making anything to my liking when my husband does not even like his wife.

I force a smile on my face, shaking my head.

"No I am sure whatever you and the planner have decided is amazing." I say to which she smiles sadly. I think she saw me sulk. Dang it.

ARES

It is almost dinner time and I just got home. Mama always wants us to be home for dinner, she says it is bad enough we do not get to have lunch together sometimes.

She is very sensitive. I used to think maybe that is how women always are, but I have noticed it varies. Some are less reactive to the little things. Some are very reactive. But most will show how they feel. Atleast the ones I have met.

Except for Alana.

Where did her thought come from?

I shake my head trying to rid myself of them as I make my way up the stairs to my chambers. I take a quick shower and change out of my clothes, that no doubt have blood splattered on them, into sweatpants and a black tshirt. Walking back down the stairs, I hear talking coming from the dining room.

When I enter, I am taken by surprise at the beautiful woman sitting in the chair next to mama's. It takes me a second to realize it is my fiancé. She is wearing a white dress that makes her breasts look delicious.

Jesus what the fuck did I just think. This is what a week of no sex is doing to me.

Well I guess I better get used to it now.

"Ah here he is, you're late figlio" Father says making me nod as I sit down across from her. She does not look up to acknowledge me at all.

Everyone but Carlos is here.

"I would have come straight here but I had blood splattered on me" I say and watch Alana's eyes widen at the table and she presses her eyebrows together in confusion. If I was not looking at her, I would not have noticed her reaction at all.

"No blood talk at dinner Caro, now lets start" Mama says as she puts some Carbonara on Alana's plate. "Eat dolcè, you haven't eaten all day" She tells her.

Has she been here all day? Why? What were they doing?

Alana looks at Father expectantly then when he takes a bite, she does too. Strange.

"I had Farah come over today and Alana picked her wedding dress! Isn't that exciting?" mama says, mostly to Father who nods.

"Oh, well I hope you told her not to make anyone else the dress and I hope you picked something one of a kind" Father comments.

He is a completely different person around mama. He acts interested in things no man ever could be and he talks to her so.... sweetly. I have seen this man kill six men with 4 bullets and an injured arm.

He must truly love her to switch himself to a soft, kinder version.

My eyes remain on the girl infront of me as they continue their conversation. She does not look up once as she slowly chews her food, her bites are so small, she will never finish at this pace. How does she ever eat?

Now that I look at her, she is very skinny. It does not appear that way because of her full hips and her chest being larger than average, and the fact that her face is just rounder and looks soft like a childs. But her bones are more prominent then normal and her frame is very small.

"Xander!" I hear from my left.

"perché cazzo stai urlando?" I spit at Aaron.
(Why the fuck are you screaming)

"Because you were a little distracted to listen when I spoke normally" He says with a smirk. I notice that Carlos was here now, and taking a seat right next to Alana.

"Ah we have been blessed at dinner tonight I see" he comments, leaning a little too close to her. She blushes, her cheeks turning a bright shade of red, looking up at him. I feel my jaw tense at the sight but I refrain from saying anything. I still fail to catch a glimpse of her honey colored eyes.

"What were you saying Aaron" I try to ignore the fact that she says something to him in a soft voice that is hard to decipher.

"Nothing just some business to discuss but you have bigger problems so I can wait" he snickers, glancing in the direction of our youngest brother and my fiancé.

Are they still talking?

Forget it, what do I care?