Choosing season

Simone giggles almost stumbling as Gabby walks with her to the car. A girl's night out meant one too many drinks. Jordan had told her to have fun. He had home covered. He didn't expect a call to come get his wife. He leaned against the passenger door watching her. The smile on her face was clear.

"Girl, will you come on." Gabby tugged on her arm.

"My shoooe." Simone stopped to tie the straps back around her legs.

It was a bad decision to be dressed in her husband's Rams sweater and a leather skirt with heels. She didn't think she would consume much and here she was. One too many margaritas in her system.

"Ooooou, there goes my babbbbby."  Simone screamed, waving frantically.

"Jordan, Please." Gabby begged.

Jordan snorted pushing off the car. He didn't put it past Simone to immediately crash into his arms. He could smell the liquor on her breath. He looked at Gabby shaking his head. Simone wrapped her arms around his waist.

"Hi superman." Simone looked up with glossed eyes.

"Did you have fun?" Jordan didn't need an answer.

"Let's gooo because you're looking edible." She yelled, pinching his cheeks.

"Ma'am, you are drunk."

"And you are hot, what Beyoncé say? Got damn  got damn got damn."  Simone kisses him softly.

"Why is she like this?" Gabby shook her head.

"How many did she have?" Jordan wanted to know what he was getting himself into.

"Maybe, possibly eight." Gabby counted back.

"Eight?"

"You know she can hold her liquor before she starts acting goofier and more touchy feely than usual." Gabby smiled, trying not to laugh at the wide eyed expression the man was given.

"Are you good?" Jordan asked sincerely.

"Yes sir, Jr is three minutes out."

"Are you sure? We can wait until he arrives."

Jordan got Simone in the passenger seat and Gabby got in the back waiting as promised until Jr arrived. Jordan thanked her and got in making the drive up. He looked at Simone snapping her fingers singing along to the radio.

"Oooou! I love this song!"

She reached for the dial turning up the volume. Kiana Lede's " I choose you" flowed through his speakers. Jordan gave her a side eye feeling her stroke his cheek.

"Your smile, your voice.. creeps into my heart with everything you do. I have no choice, loving you is all I know how to do." She sang along.

"What are you doing?"

"Shhhhh. Let me serenade you." Simone placed her index finger against his lips.

"Okay, baby. Whatever you want."

"I want you." Simone said confidently.

"You already have me."

"I choose you, you. I choose you, you. They say it's choosing season, finally I got reason , yeah... I want you, you... I choose you, you." She went back into the song.

Jordan glanced over at her. Every single love song that came through his speakers, she sang every word.. Her fingers slipped in his feeling her lips against the back of his hand.

"You good over there?" He pulled a red light.

"Yesssss baby love." She leaned against his arm tracing his skin.