Caught the L-O-V-E

"Hey Dad, How you know that mama was the one?"

Valentine's Day was fast approaching. Jordan really had teenagers living under his roof. His own set of twins at that which he found to be scary. He was sure that Liv being more responsible would be the one to get twins. But his babies were his entire life and he wished his dad was here to witness it in person. He had a good life. His time cap had came partially true at least.

Once Billy died, Jordan focused on himself , his sister and especially his mother. It was no question about it when the twins decided to move back in with Laura. Jordan couldn't just imagine her living alone. It didn't sit right with him neither did being with Layla. He needed time , therapy and space.

That time and space led him back to Simone. A woman he never got over. A woman he never wanted to get over. The one person that knew him better than his own twin sister. The only woman besides his immediate family that felt like a safe place. He never thought he'd take a flight to Atlanta and end up coming back home with her.

It felt like high school all over again. A fresh start and a lifetime ago.

"We met in high school after a football game. She was helping the school newspaper and needed photos. I didn't know she was also an athlete but she was quite the overachiever. I think I lost my breathe for a moment. She was breathtaking and sarcastic but funny."

"Oh I thought you was gonna say she thought you were funny." Jackson held a hand to his chest.

"I am funny!" Jordan defended himself

"Yeah in a corny dad way." Jackson brought a spoonful of cereal to his mouth.

"Whatever, Liv became friends with her and invited me to her tennis match. I hadn't seen her much in school. We were both busy but she hit the ball and literally hit me with it right where it hurts. The splits were hot but at what cost?" Jordan continued

"You didn't think to duck?"  The younger male Baker asked.

"I didn't think I was a target anyway, she treated me to lunch and I became very attached to our late night calls and hangouts til way past curfew. We broke up in college but I always loved her. We tried the whole marriage thing but my parents hated it."

"Marriage?! You said I can't date anyone until. I am 18 and y'all out here getting married! You went to Vegas didn't you?."

"My house , my rules but yeah... we went to Vegas to celebrate Coop's little tour and we just went for it.
." Jordan smirked.

He remembered their first apartment. They moved in on Valentine's Day at the ripe age of twenty, they didn't have much but a couch and some blankets. Least they had a full kitchen but they worked hard. Jordan didn't want to waste any of his dad's will money so he saved it and invested, the Bakers were loaded. He just didn't feel obligated to flaunt it.

"Okay so what did grandpa think of mom?"

"He loved her. He treated her like a second daughter. We always had to fight our parents about each other."

"Yeah, aunt Liv said you could never keep your fists to yourself."

"Nobody was going to disrespect your mom. Simple as that." Jordan had calmed down a lot over the years. He was definitely still that person deep down especially when it came to his children.

"Just don't be like me... be better than me. Don't fight in school." Jordan reminded.

"I already look like you. I don't want to be corny either."  Jackson frowned seeing his sister bounce down the steps.

"And here is the little demon now."

"You may be older but I am still better looking. Happy Valentine's Day ugly."  Sienna immediately went up to her father putting out her hand.