i want you around

My inspo was jimonesbaker 's life unexpected 🥹 , ok bye !

"Babygirl, who is that with mommy?" 

Aaliyah glanced over her shoulder and turned back to her father. The grin on her face disappeared seeing her father's "serious" face. She didn't know how to explain that her mother moved on. It had sucked at first going back and fourth over the past two years. However, Aaliyah was happy that her mother was happy again.

"That's Mr. Jordan. He's really nice." Aaliyah replied.

"Jordan huh? And where did he come from?"

Of course he didn't really need an introduction. Jordan Baker was one of the top quarterbacks in the NFL. He was the most sought bachelors at that and seeing his ex wife with him made the man feel a way.

"Oh, Mommy said they were husband and wife in kindergarten but then Mommy moved to Atlanta and they lost touch. THEN Aunt Layla introduced them not knowing they knew each other." She said excitedly.

"They already knew each other?" He looked at her.

"Uh huh. She giggles all the time when she's on the phone with him." She added, scooping up ice cream.

"Does she now? Have you hung out with him?"

"Yup. He took us to the movies. He likes Miles Morales just like me. We plan to dress up for Halloween. Mama will be Jessica Drew." The seven year old explained.

"You guys plan to dress up all together? Why?"

"It was my idea. Mr. Jordan is really nice so he agreed." She turned to look at them waving at them.

"Oh." He frowned.

"He invites us to his games and attends mommy's matches. He buys her flowers and holds her hand all the time. He gives me piggy back rides."

"I give you piggy back rides."

"Daddy, he is taller, it is not the same." She giggled.

~*~

"Jordan!" Simone attempted to walk through the balls.

"Don't get mad at me because you fell." Jordan laughed feeling his girlfriend fling herself onto him.

"Shut up. You're supposed to be my knight in shining armor."  She pouted wrapping her arms around his neck.

"You're going to make us both fall in these damn balls."

Simone kissed behind his ear. She looked seeing her daughter enjoying ice cream. Her divorce from Lando wasn't easy. Moving on was hard but being reintroduced to Jordan felt like a manifestation. They were once little kids being fake husband and wife. The family moved to Atlanta when her father transferred hospitals as a neurosurgeon and they lost touch.

She never thought that when Layla said she had the perfect guy for her that it would be Jordan. They had talked all night and she knew that even with their busy schedules that she wanted to see him again.  Simone wanted to find love again. Lando was her first big love , she thought she would be with him forever. He gave her their beautiful girl but it wasn't meant to be.

"What do you think they are talking about?" Simone leaned against Jordan's back.

"Judging by how many times your ex husband has glanced over here, I am going to assume it's about me." Jordan didn't care.

Jordan wasn't trying to replace Orlando. He knew that meeting Aaliyah was a big deal and it didn't happen until they were six months into their relationship. He never wanted to push them to meet and was willing to wait until Simone was ready. He had relationships before, good and bad.