Don't Take Your Love

Prompt: "when you love something, you protect it." x based on 2x04.
TW: Fire.

"Spencer! Spencer!" Jordan ran up the staircase two at a time.

Jordan had hoped he was reading the text wrong. He couldn't get in touch with his ex or her friends and it was driving him up a wall. He continued banging on the door until Spencer opened it up. Jordan rushed in turning on one of the news stations. He was on the verge of throwing up at the thought of losing his favorite person. She was his sweetheart, his best friend. He knew that his mind shouldn't go there but it did.

"I am Sheila Davis for Fox 5 Atlanta. We have word that several parts of HBCU Campus, Bringston University, caught fire this morning around 8am due to a power surge. No word from the President of the campus. Dr. Amara Patterson but other school officials say that some students have been injured and others are still evacuating. At this time, there are no updates but we will be monitoring this story closely and give more updates at our next broadcast."

"She isn't picking up." Jordan fumbled with his phone dialing her number again.

He still kept up with her stats and followed other students. Simone wasn't marked as safe. He paced Spencer's room whispering to himself. Spencer wasn't sure if Jordan had booked a flight but he booked one for the three of them. He texted Liv to fill her in and told her to meet them at the house.

"Why is nobody saying anything!" Jordan yelled out of frustration and panic.

"They are still putting out the fire. I am sure Simone is fine." Spencer stopped Jordan from burning a hole in his rug from all his damn pacing.

Simone was like family to Spencer. She was important to him and knew how much Jordan loved Simone to the point of fighting everyone about it. They loved deep and no matter how much Jordan tried to move on, Spencer knew that he was never going to find anyone that held him down flaws and all like that.

"What happened? Is she okay?" Liv burst in the room.

"How the hell did you here so fast?" Spencer hugged

"I have my ways..come on, let's get you packed up." Olivia was about to guide her lanky twin out of the room.

"I think I am going to be sick." Jordan ran to the nearest bathroom.

His stomach minus well had dropped to his ass. He didn't want to think about the worst. His chest felt heavy and his vision was blurry. His mind was used to going to the worst. Was this his karma? He couldn't imagine a world without Simone in it. There was so much that Jordan wanted to say. He wanted to clear the air. He needed to get to her.

***

Simone didn't need to feel the door to know that it was hot. She had been back in the science lab when the fire started. She was stuck and her phone running out of juice. She coughed feeling around for something to shield her face with. There was nothing. She found an area that was as far away from the door as possible.

Even though her phone was on 10% percent, the one thing that brought her joy was her lockscreen. It was a photo of her and Shay when she flew home in time for his first day of pre school. She quickly wiped her face and noticed she needed to focus.

"You got this." She coached herself.

She had no service down here. It was glitchy in some parts of campus. She couldn't get out because she knew it wouldn't be worth the risk. Based on the smell, she knew that the flames were getting stronger. She hit the emergency call on her phone.

"911, What's your emergency?"

"Hi, I need fire and rescue. There is a fire on my campus and I am in a science lab with chemicals. The door is hot and."