american boy.

"The less questions you ask me, the better."

Simone reaches back to grab a hold of Jordan's hand.

If you would've told her that she would've moved back to Beverly Hills then she would've laughed in your face. She didn't miss it - Atlanta became her home but soon she found herself keeping in touch back with Liv. It had been two years since she had even stepped foot in Beverly. Her parents didn't visit her so she didn't visit them.

Her aunt moved out of the state and Simone had moved into her apartment for a little while with Thea and Nate. Her friendship with Keisha fell apart and when Damon decided to go pro, they stopped talking. She had picked Lando over him leaving the baseball prospect pissed.

Her relationship with Lando was good, great even but they wanted to explore other options. Simone's move was sudden. Bringston was on the decline again once her aunt stepped down as president of the university so it seemed like perfect timing.

What she didn't expect was to reconnect with Jordan. It was if they had never broken up and if nothing was wedged between them. They just fell right back into place. His engagement to Layla had been almost two years in and ultimately they called off the entire thing.

She had fell for her new business partner and admitted to sleeping with him. Something about pay back for Jordan constantly keeping Simone in his orbit again and Ryan being around. In her words, "It just happened but I said yes to you because you were grieving."

She never wanted marriage. Jordan was a romantic at heart. He absolutely wanted marriage even if it wasn't right now. They were two people on two different paths that decided to remain friends.

Jordan didn't think him talking to Simone was a problem. They were cordial even after they broke up because they were friends first. They got each other in a way that was natural, easy as if Simone and him were the ones that grew up together. Now here they were claiming each other and probably more in love than expected.

He had wished Liv was here to witness and tease him but she had extended her stay. Three months without his twin felt like hell. It was now going on eight and he was already over it. He had been complaining to Simone for weeks that face time and calls didn't hit the same.

"Can I get another hint?" He mutters.

"No." She walks them to the baggage claim.

The flight had been long but Jordan thought nothing of it. Simone had told him nothing other than to pack a bag that included sweatpants. He really just thought it was an excuse for her to see him in grey sweatpants and steal his hoodies as she had been. His favorite purple hoodie was still missing.

"Is that the smell of rain?" He sniffs the air.

"Well, least your other senses work." She muses.

Jordan feels down her body and with no response back to her snide comment, he took his open right  palm and smacks her behind. Simone whips around so fast attempting to shove the 6'2 quarterback. He barely moves.

"Excuse you!"

"My touch also works. Do you even have an umbrella?" He frowns feeling the droplets.

"Yes drama king. I should make you get soaked."

"You're the one that blind folded me with a satin pink sleep mask and made me board a plane along with wearing noise cancelling  headphones the entire time. This is kidnapping you know."

"Please. Your mother will be glad you are not in her face giggling like a sixteen hormonal teenager." She pushes the button on the umbrella to open it and flags down a taxi.