every kind of way

"I want a life that makes my father proud... with of course my beautiful wife, who will beat Serena Williams record because she is so bad ass."

Jordan hit the rewind button on the DVD player. His own words playing back to him. It had been ten years since his father's death. Six years of being married. One thing came true - Simone was his wife again. His proposal to Layla never made it past that. He hit the replay button again. His father's anniversary was around the corner.

"Jordan?"

His eyes tore away from the television. His eyes followed his wife as she came to sit next him. He shared the other half of the rams blanket with her.
Simone had been sleep and only got up to pee. She figured that Jordan went downstairs for water.

"It's two o'clock in the morning." She whispered.

"I couldn't sleep."

He rewinded the tape. Jordan was young and excited for the future twenty years from then. He knew Simone was going to be his wife still and he knew that he wanted to make his father proud. He never imagined that he would be walking this earth without him.

"I just.. I wish my dad was here. He would be spoiling the hell of Jackson and Brooklyn." He smiled softly.

Their twins were seven and their third child, Alani was four. Their days were filled with parenting and their respective sports. Jordan remembered the day they found out they were having twins. He wasn't shocked at all.

"Yeah and Lani would have him wrapped around her finger just like you." Simone rested against him.

"What do you think he would even want them to call him?"

"That's a good question, let me think.. well your grandpa was GW thanks to you." She laughed.

It had been five years since GW passed in his sleep of natural causes. Jordan had no memories of his dad's side left. All he had was videotapes from his childhood and photos. Laura had took a long time to moved on. She tried but nothing stuck until she met Landon, a real estate agent from Texas.

Laura wanted everyone to know Billy's story so she published a book about his life titled "All American : The Billy Baker story" that was filled with chapters of his life, the career he built and Billy behind the giants jersey . It had made it to New York's best selling authors list.

She dedicated the book to her Billy, their children and their grand children.

"I am thinking papa seems accurate." Simone took a moment to think about it.

"I think so too. He would be telling them all kind of corny jokes."

"Is this why you couldn't sleep baby?"

"Yeah. I just... it still doesn't seem real after all this time." He sighed dropping an arm around her.

"I know but I know one thing, he is proud of his baby boy." Simone stroked his cheek, kissing the spot.

"I hope so. I think I did good with keeping my promises."

"Oh, what? Little ol me???" Simone blushed.

"Yes. Who else?" Jordan rasped

"Well, you almost married Layla." She reminded.

Jordan rolled his eyes. He couldn't believe his grief brought on wanting to propose to Layla. He loved her and even though his father approved, it didn't work. Patience's death was unexpected. He didn't expect to drop Layla off that night happy only to hear her scream bloody murder. He remembered running seeing Patience bleeding out on his mother's floors.