They Don't Know

Author's note: I'm in my feels leave me alone. Enjoy though, xo.

"My dad is gone."

Jordan's own words replayed in his head as he tossed and turned on the floor of his sister's bedroom. He switched between his mother's and Liv's not wanting either of them to sleep alone. He couldn't really sleep. All he kept dreaming about was his father. All the good memories, all the bad memories and the worst of all, seeing his limp body being pulled from the wreck and the numbness he felt being the one to step up and identify his body.

He stared at the ceiling hearing Liv toss and turn above him. He reached out, finding her hand in complete darkness, giving her a gentle squeeze. He had been staying over for the past few days. Replaying every single scenario and what went wrong.  He wasn't even worried about himself. Jordan didn't want their father's death to affect Liv's sobriety.

She came so far and he was so proud of her for that. He didn't want his death to undo her hard work. Their dad wouldn't want that. He was worried about his mom - they were soulmates. He was worried about Spencer and how this would affect his mental health. He was stepping up big time and Jordan really couldn't thank him enough.

He wish this was all a bad dream. He didn't remember falling asleep because it felt like time had stood still but his body made him his mind for him, he couldn't have too many restless nights. It didn't last for long. He found himself texting a number and falling back asleep.

I need you.

"Hey, Simone? Can we talk?" Damon entered Simone's room seeing her packing,

"Now is not a good time."

"It will only take a second. Where are you going?" He looked between her and her luggage.

"Don't worry about it. Why are you here?" Simone couldn't wrap her head around the fact that Coach Baker , her former father in law was gone.

"I love you."  His words stops her. Confusion written all over her face.

"I don't know how you came to that conclusion..." Simone zipped up her makeup bag putting it in her suitcase.

"When we first met. Two years ago, at homecoming."

"You mean a year ago when I was still married to my husband."

"Ex husband." He corrected looking offended.

"Doesn't matter what you want to call him, you knew that he was someone that is important to me."

"Is?" Damon knitted his brows together.

"I don't have time for whatever this is Damon."  Simone continued barely acknowledging him.

"So you don't feel anything between us... at all."

"Nope." She thought that was obvious.

Simone's phone pinged and Damon snatched it up before she could even look at it.

Jordan: Thnx for reaching out. I really appreciate you.... Worried about Liv.

"Speak of the devil." Damon huffed.

Simone couldn't snatch her phone fast enough.

"Get out Damon."

"I thought you guys were over?"

"Did we miss the part where I said get out?" Simone crossed her arms against her chest giving him a death stare. The only thing that Simone was worried about was not missing her flight home. It was 4am her time when she got his message.