Summer Love - Part 3 [M]

I'm not crying, you are. Here is y'all part three. Enjoy!

***

Layla had good news to share with Jordan. She finally pulled off signing another artist. It took Gia as extra leverage but she got the girl to sign. She pulled into the beach house and parked running to the door. She nearly bumped into Asher as he was coming out with Jaymee. She issued an apology and thanked him for unlocking the door for her.

She got word of where her boyfriend was. The young woman waved at Spencer and Olivia who were engrossed in a marathon of Christmas movies. Making to the top of the stairs, she paused. Jordan had his door cracked and he was conversing with someone.

"I just... miss you." He held his phone to his ear.

He went through his drawers and closet grabbing a few things.

"Yes, I am sure I want to come down there." Jordan continued , sloppily folding a shirt tucking it in the duffle bag.

"I thought you were spending Christmas with your family?" Simone had since moved into a shared apartment with Keisha and Nate.

A much bigger space than the cramped dorm they were all used to. Christmas was Simone's favorite holiday and she thought about going home but since her folks were tied up as usual , Simone told Lando not to worry about her. She still had family in Atlanta so she was spending Christmas with her aunt. He had gone home a few days ago.

They had a stupid argument over Damon of all people and hadn't talked much since. Yet, Lando didn't want to leave without her and still wanted her company. She felt they needed distance. Maybe it was for the best , maybe it was the universe kicking him out of her life.

"I don't want you to be alone."

The freshman athlete hated that those little words made her smile - even if she wasn't actually going to be alone , She still got his drift.

"Jordan, I am not going to be alone. I have my aunt here and my friends." She tossed her dirty clothes in the washer.

"Okay so maybe I don't want to be here for Christmas. I want to be with you." She heard him say on the other line.

"Uh huh." Simone cut the laundry room light off and grabbed a water bottle from the fridge on her way back to her room.

"What? I can't come out there to spend Christmas with my best girl?" He pondered moving around.

"You can face time me on Christmas!" She didn't want him wasting money.

"It's not the same, princess." Jordan folded more things and went into his bathroom for his toiletries.

"Ew, don't call me that." Simone might've smiled - just a tiny bit.

"Too late. I already booked a flight, I am not canceling it. I'll take the punishment in person."

"Jordan, you can't just come by yourself." That was just silly.

"Why not?"

"Uh hello, you have a girlfriend!" This made Jordan roll his eyes.

"And? You're my best friend. I miss my best friend. I need my best friend. I really really need my best friend." Jordan pleaded.

"Noooooo. Absolutely not." She knew where this was going.

Her mind drifted. They had the beach house to themselves that afternoon when she came home for Thanksgiving with Keisha and Cam. Liv had offered for her to stay at the Baker residence. Simone had found herself back at the beach house. A place she had been tempted to avoid. She remembered how they spent the afternoon.