Broken Promises

Prompt: Simone being Layla's secret Santa

***

Jordan had instant regret written all over his face. Simone knew she should've just avoided this damn party. She wanted to kill JJ for giving her Layla as the person to pick a secret Santa gift for. She would've much rather left the gift instead of being forced to talk to Jordan at the snow cone machine.

He thought she had moved on. She did anything but that. Simone wasn't ready to move on. She wasn't in a rush to give her heart away so quickly like the last time. She had found the perfect gift. Keisha had been trying to talk her out of giving it all day. Simone thought it was a nice gift. She had even handwritten a card.

"I have to give Layla her gift." She pushed past her ex and went upstairs to find Layla.

"Here you go." She muttered handing the perfectly wrapped box.

Layla handed over a much smaller box. Of course, she didn't put much thought into it and she didn't expect her too.

"Should we open it together?" Layla smiled.

"....I guess." Simone hated how awkward things were.

She slowly opened the small box revealing two charms.  Layla went on to explain how she heard Shay was into bears. She had congratulated her on the top six spot on the team. Simone however was stuck on the bears. It didn't leave her feeling bad about her gift anymore.

"I'm excited to see what you got me!" Layla sang playfully shaking the box.

Simone closed the jewelry box and watched. Layla peeled the box open and folded the tissue paper back. She watched as Layla was excited at first then her face dropped.

"Lingerie?" Layla was confused.

"It's college. We deserve to have fun. I left a note but I have to go so thanks for this. Have a good Christmas."

"Simone, why would I need lingerie?" Layla called after.

"College is suppose to be fun and even though you aren't attending classes, it shouldn't stop you." Simone called out.

Layla sighed dropping the lingerie top. She seen the black thong with the charms and a note underneath. She swallowed opening the card.

Layla,

Black is his favorite color. He always went insane when I wear a black thong... I hope he enjoys it on you just the same.

Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal!

Love,

Simone.

Layla closed the box and went on a hunt for Jordan. He was busy chatting with some party goers with a shot glass in his hand. Layla found Jordan pulling him to a quieter area.

"I knew you couldn't resist!" Jordan teased.

"She knows." Layla spat out quickly. Her heart was racing and she felt like throwing up.

"Who knows what?"

"Simone. She gave me lingerie, Jordan."

"I'm sorry, that doesn't sound like Simone would even do that." Jordan didn't think Simone would stoop that low.

"Yeah well, she did." She shoved the card in his hand and Jordan read it over.

"I'll be back." Jordan asked Spencer if he had seen Simone only to be told she had just left out the front door.

"Simone, wait up." Jordan followed her out the door.

"Go back to your guests Jordan." Simone kept walking looking around for her Uber.