Butterfly Effect

Prompt: Simone attending Grace and D'Angelo's Wedding.

At the request of Olivia, Simone took a flight back to California to be her date. She knew that Olivia still wanted to support Grace but knew that things were a challenge for her best friend. Never in a million years did she think that Spencer would be the one to call it quits. Arriving at LAX, she looked around for her Uber driver. She kept walking and seen Olivia holding a sign with her last name on it. Simone laughed picking up the pace.

"Hi Liv. How are you?"

"Hanging in there. Thank you for coming." She hugged her tighter than normal. Simone knew Liv needed this hug. They both needed it. Winter break was a shit show.

"Of course, I always got your back." She rubbed her back before pulling away. Liv checked up on her so Simone was doing the same. Even if it meant every day.

"Please tell me you didn't get a hotel."  Liv wondered linking her arm with Simone's .

"I did. I just don't think it's a good idea to be in the same house as the girl that is dating my ex husband. I would like to be comfortable."

"Wait.. what?" Liv's eyes widened.

"Oh. You didn't know? I thought it was obvious."

"I never pay them any attention but it makes sense that she was acting weird and asking about you." Liv rolled her eyes.

She didn't know why Jordan was doing this or even Layla for that matter. It was disgusting that Layla was talking Simone into continue to go through with the wedding only for them to end up together and secretly dating. Olivia truly wanted to throw up and the fact she didn't know made matters worse. She didn't expect to hear it from Simone either.

"I am sorry Simone. I had no idea and if I did.. I definitely would've been charging her rent for the emotional damage." Liv nodded.

"It's all good. Some relationships aren't meant to happen however, that won't be for you and Spence." Simone got in the passenger seat.

She thanked Liv for driving her to the hotel and told her that she didn't need to stay. She was okay with sleeping in a hotel alone. It forced her mind to think back to when she tried to let Jordan go the first time. He didn't let it happen. She remembered the second time after Shay was born and again, he didn't let it happen.

She blew out air and decided a shower was what she needed even if the flight home was short. She lathered up the loofah with the body wash and listened to the music playing from her phone. Too many of the songs playing reminded her of Jordan. She had a whole playlist. She remembered how much she avoided everyone after the breakup. She had put up her walls again.

Christmas didn't make it any better with Jordan sharing personal details of her relationship with Shay to Layla.  She had never felt awkward around her Beverly crew until that moment. She felt awkward in a space she spent plenty of weekends at before she left for Atlanta. A place she had a tour of.

***

"The kitchen is a little out dated with the fridge but maybe I'll put your little recipes to good use. Have a date night and cook virtually." He smiled widely squeezing her hand.

"Of course. I would love that. The kitchen isn't bad. It's big enough for the four of y'all." Simone smiled.

"Okay so this is the living room. It took Spencer and I forever to hang the tv. JJ insisted we get a new tv. Uhhh, the backyard. We have a hot tub." Jordan wiggled his brows.

"I do not have a swimsuit sir."

"This is private property. I should be the only one seeing the good stuff." He poked out his lip.