Broken Promises - Part 2

Jordan hated how things went left. He felt like he was struggling on and off the field. He made the decision to not play in the next game. His only priority was making sure his body was 100% back to normal. Nothing about anything lately felt normal.

Being with Simone was normal. Playing alongside his best friend was normal. He stared at his ceiling. He was doing it again - ignoring Layla and that was proven through the missed calls from her. The voicemails and text messages. She even got Spencer involved.

Which was weird considering Jordan didn't consider them to be friends either. He dialed Liv's number needing a second opinion. He was right about avoiding Layla. This wasn't him. The kiss as great as it was , it was a mistake.

She had been with his best friends and that should've been enough to not cross any lines. She was his wife's maid of honor. It should've been enough to not cross any lines but he did.

"Jordan, you better be dying." Liv answered on the third ring.

"I need your advice."

"This early? Can't it wait til I don't know... noon?" She complained.

"No, because I know you were staring at the ceiling too. Spencer is miserable so I know something happened. He won't tell me so what happened?"

"I am pretty sure it is obvious."

"It could be anything which is why I am asking? Are y'all good?"

Despite that Olivia was trying to tear apart his coach, He didn't want their relationship outside of school to be tainted by a stupid article. He was pissed at first but he knew that Liv had good intentions. He wanted to believe that and it took him a while to come to that conclusion. It felt like everything was falling on top of him and he didn't know how to handle anything. He had even stopped showing up to class and responding to emails from professors.

"We... you know. He broke up with me." Liv was barely audible. She didn't want to believe it.

"Wait, Spencer broke up with you?"

What the hell was going on? Spencer loved his sister more than anything. He was just as down bad for Olivia as Jordan was for Simone. Maybe even worse.

"Look, I don't want to talk about it. What is your issue?" Liv changed the subject.

"I understand but I'm here if you need to talk or want me to beat him up."

"Last time you tried, he had you on the floor." Liv didn't mean to laugh but it was a sweet gesture.

"He caught me off guard, damn. Look, I was thinking of going down to Bringston and trying to talk to Simone."

"I don't think that's a good idea Jordan."

"Why not? I can't just lose her forever, Olivia. I at least want us to be friends."

"That doesn't work with you two. There is too much history and love there. It won't even work with Spencer and I."

"I know but I don't want her out of my life. I'm... still in love with her even if she broke up with me."

"Funny how we both got dumped by the people we love more than anything." Liv responded.

"Can we not have a full therapy session? I am trying to hold it together for once." Jordan sighed sitting up fully grabbing his insulated water bottle from his night stand.

"What do you plan to do?" Liv asked.

"I am not sure but can you come with me? Just for a few days. You can talk to her aunt about the article..."