Chapter Seventy Six: Interrupted Sleepover

14th May 1980

"Opie!" Ruby gleamed running from the fireplace, she and Molly had just floo'd in for her sleepover she had been waiting weeks for. Sirius and Remus were on night patrol that night so that they could have a 'girls night', Mary and Lily were leaving late in the evening but Dorcas and Marlene were staying the night.

"Are they here yet?"

Opal laughed at her younger sister. "Just me and Mary right now, Lily will be coming later and Cas and Marls should be here any second-"

Before Opal finished her sentence they heard a loud crack from outside the house. "There they are now,"

"Ruby!" Dorcas shouted running to hug the child.

"Dorkie!" Ruby squealed.

Dorcas raised her brow and pulled away. "We're gonna need to talk about a new nickname."

"Dork?"

"Opal, your sister is bullying me."

"Honestly that sounds like a you problem," Opal shrugged.

Dorcas gaped at her friend. "Wow, I have been betrayed."

"Sad times, anyway, Mary made blondies,"

"Fuck yeah- I mean... flip yeah!" Marlene started before she got a glare from Opal.

"You said a bad word," Ruby shook her head.

"You should never ever say bad words, Rubes, it's not good." Marlene said, sternly wagging her finger.

"I can say them when I'm older can't I?"

"Never!" Opal scolded, then she grinned. "I'm kidding, you can say them when you're forty."

"Forty! That's so far away!"

"Only got thirty five years to go."

"Opie!" Ruby moaned.

"Ruby!" Opal mocked.

"Who wants a blondie?"

★☆★☆★

Lily had brought round Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory for them to watch during their little sleepover. Which also included a quick run to Honeydukes to get sweets to satisfy them during the film.

After the sugar rush Ruby started to crash.

"Time for bed?" Opal asked, glancing at the clock.

Ruby shook her head, attempting to hide a yawn. "I'm not tired."

"I saw that yawn, Rubes." she laughed.

"I don't want to go to bed yet."

Lily gave a little yawn. "Gosh it's late, isn't it Rubes,"

"It's only eight!"

"When did you learn how to read the time, aren't you three?" Mary joked.

"I'm five and I'm not tired!" Ruby yawned again.

Opal chucked, "Okay, well would you like to feed Sapphire with me?"

"Ooh, yes!" Ruby said, excitedly jumping from her seat and following her sister into the kitchen.

Opal quickly heated up a bottle and they both went into the bedroom, where Sapphire was already awake patiently waiting for her next feeding.

"Looks like she woke up just in time," Opal admired as she picked her up, she sat down on the bed and Ruby sat beside her, peering over as Sapphire drank eagerly.