Saving Amanda

The Guardian sat in the cockpit of her jump ship, looking at the stars zip by as she waited for the two minutes it would take for her to reach Earth.

She didn't want to overthink anything, not knowing what happened while Osiris and her were off planet but her mind was running a million miles a second, thinking of every worst case scenario there was.

Was someone hurt? Was the tower attacked again? Why did they need her back right now? It must be serious if they called for her directly instead of going to other guardians first.

She was broken out of her musing when her ship exited slipspace and started to make a slow decent for the tower. She raised her hand and tucked a strand of brown hair behind her ear before grabbing her helmet resting next to her on the armrest and placing it back onto her head.

All the while trying to ignore the Traveler with the giant psychedelic triangle carved into the side of it.

A monument to her failure...

As her ship descended down into the atmosphere, she got a very big surprise. She was already in her ship by the time their allies had arrived but she was too busy trying to follow Calus to really take notice back then.

Where the Traveler once rested, now in its place were dozens of ships, all different types. There were Ketchs, Cabal battleships and even the Awoken fleet right above the tower.

Everyone who stood against the Witness, here and together. Ready to fight alongside one another for the greater good till the bitter end.

Just how it should be.

She steered the ship back towards the hanger bay of the tower once she broke atmosphere and started to slow down. She saw that Saint's ship was where it always was situated once she got closer and decided to land in the empty spot next to him.

She realized that there were people waiting for her in the hanger too, Zavala, Ikora, Saint and Osiris all standing off to the side where Amanda's station was but curiously, she couldn't spot Amanda anywhere.

Once the ship was landed and the engines turned off, she unbuckled herself from her chair and walked back into the ship where the ramp controls were located.

She pressed the button and started to walk down as the ramp was lowering, getting a fist look at everyone in the hanger, whom all stopped to stare at her.

"She's back!"

"Oh thank the traveler, we're saved!"

"Did you hear? She killed Calus!"

"How long has she been gone? A few days?"

"That was fast."

She tried to ignore all the whispers as she walked towards her friends but try as she might, they all still filtered through her ears.