Thy Wicked Thorn

Mara woke with a pleasant warmth cushioned against her chest and a satisfaction deep in her bones that made the woman smile in bliss as she roused from slumber.

She slowly blinked her eyes open, wincing slightly when the sunlight from the window above her head blinded her but after a couple seconds, she slowly opened them again to take in her surroundings.

Before she could though, her gaze was obscured by the chestnut curls of the Young Wolf who laid burrowed into her chest. The Titan's head resting just above her breasts with her arms wrapped securely around Mara's waist.

As soon as she laid eyes on the fully naked Guardian who was practically on top of her, she remembered exactly what they both had gotten up to last night and she couldn't help herself as she preened, a soft smirk across her face as she gently rubbed circles along The Titan's naked back.

Last night had been perfect, just how she had envisioned it going but nothing could've ever prepared her for the real thing, how utterly fantastic and wonderful the night had been.

Finally after months and months of playing Cat and mouse, with the Young Wolf doing everything in her power to avoid the Queen she had finally caught up to her and showed the woman exactly what she wanted.

Who she wanted.

The woman in her arms was just so good, so honest and brave, serene no matter what the outcome but her tenacity to keep going no matter the odds is what originally drew Mara in closer like a moth to a flame.

When she had first arrived at her domain looking for the Black Garden, she hadn't thought much about the lone Guardian, thinking at the time that they wouldn't last an hour in that place.

Oh how wrong she had been back then...

When the Young Wolf had came back with the head of the Vex gate lord, she would be the first to admit she was impressed, for the Titan seemed to not even have a single scratch or dent in her armor.

Then as the years went by, watching the marvelous woman in her arms go up against impossible odds to protect the innocent, watching her go up against foes that were thrice her size on a constant basis and never back down, challenge Gods and all their power just to protect her home, selflessly risking her life and sacrificing her time to protect the one last safe place in the Sol System.

It had started off with intrigue, Mara Sov had been intrigued by the Guardian's tenacity at first.

And through the years as they continued to work together, that intrigue had manifested into awe, then into respect, then into affection and finally, into...

Something more...

Something that Mara was sacred of saying out loud, scared to put a name to it once again...

The last time she had...well, it hadn't ended well for her partner.

And she refused to be the downfall of the woman beside her, for she didn't know if she would survive that a second time.

A soft groan beneath her caused the Queen to look down at the Titan and smile, continuing tracing the patterns across her back which made the Young Wolf hum in content and burrow further into the Queen's naked chest.

Mara sighed in happiness as her eyes then started to roam around the bedroom she was currently staying in. Last night, she really didn't get the chance to look around and admire the view, having been admiring something far more important at the time.

But now that the lust had faded, her needs were satiated and the fog over her mind cleared she had time to truly admire the small safe place her Guardian had crafted for herself when she wasn't defending humanity.