The Queen's Break

Deep within the Ascendant Plane, Mara Sov felt as the Hive God of War schemed.

Standing at the Farm with her Techeuns circling her, she channeled her power through her followers and used all her strength to stop Xivu Arath's forces within the dimension parallel to their own.

And if she manipulated her power and used a percentage of the anger she felt as she smote down a Hive ship, well no one needed to know.

For the God Of War was taking an interest in her Girlfriend, and Mara was having absolutely none of that...

It had all started when Xivu Arath had challenged the Young Wolf back on Titan and at the end, had gifted her a weapon infused with Stasis.

Ever since then, Xivu has made it her personal mission to contact her Girlfriend whenever possible, to goad her about how many times she's failed her people but the one that Mara was most upset about was how the God of War took every instance she could to tell the Titan how she was nothing without her.

It never failed to make the Queen's blood boil. How the God of War would dare insinuate that without war, without conflict her girlfriend was nothing, lost in a world that she didn't understand.

And it only made her even more angrier when she saw how The Young Wolf was actually listening to the God, how whenever Xivu spoke those words her shoulders would slump and she'd curl into herself because where she might never admit it out loud, the Titan believed the God's words, even if it was just slightly.

She believed she was nothing without conflict and that thought made Mara exceptionally vengeful.

No one dared to make her Girlfriend feel less than she was, at least not unless they wanted to deal with Mara.

And The Queen of the Reef would make sure Xivu got her comeuppance.

No matter how long it took.

Although, her focus was quickly shifted away from the Ascendant Plane when the sound of ship engines echoed out above her head and someone transmatted onto the ground.

She didn't even need to open her eyes, let alone use her power to find out who the ship belonged to though, knowing the sound of her Girlfriend's ship from a mile away.

Mara let a small smile spread across her lips as she waited for her Wolf to walk up to her, listening the entire time as the young woman leisurely made her way closer and closer.

Once the Titan made her way towards the women standing in a circle, Mara opened her eyes and saw how the Young Wolf bowed slightly at her waist, lowering herself until she was kneeling on the ground before her as she spoke, "Your Grace." She said, raising back up so she was straight up but she was still kneeling on the grass, yet the awoken woman didn't miss how she subtly gave a look towards the Techeuns, letting Mara know with a simple glance behind her helmet that she was keeping up appearances in front of the others.

The Queen nodded her head just slightly, trying to fight back the smile on her face and the happiness she felt at seeing her girlfriend, still wearing the armor she had made for her and kneeling on the ground for her, "Rise Queensguard." She said, "To what do I owe this, pleasant surprise?" Mara raised an inquisitive eyebrow at the woman, wondering what her partner was doing here at the moment as she watched her get back up on her feet.

Don't get her wrong, she was happy to see her Wolf but she had thought the Titan would be on Neptune today, helping Osiris study the Veil.

Yet here she was, with her.

"My Queen, I was wondering if you would take the time out of your busy schedule to grant me a quick audience, for I've come to ask for a favor." She said, trying very hard not to slip up but Mara could detect the slightly teasing tone to her voice as she spoke which made the Queen suppress a smirk at the role her girlfriend was playing.