Saving The Pilots

"Hey Guardian, been meaning to thank you for busting us all out of prison last week. I heard you came back from Neptune just to help us out."Amanda said through the Holoprojector that was stationed in the HELM.

It's been a few days since her shopping trip with Ana, which she had spent on Neptune and this morning while trying to complete that Strand sidearm with Nimbus, she had just got word from Crow that they were ready to infiltrate another Pyramid stronghold that was in the Cosmodrome.

She needed to get those pilots out as fast as she could...

"It's near enough to make a girl tear up!" Amanda chuckled which made the Young Wolf huff in amusement before after a few seconds, the pilot on the other end of the projector sighed, "You wanna know what really got to me?...At the Farm, I heard some of the folks I was locked up with asking when they could get back out and look for more survivors, including that lady you helped out last week." She said, making the Guardian smile underneath her helmet.

She really loved how resilient her people where, how stubborn they were to do what was right and above all how much they'd sacrifice with their one life.

It never failed to bring hope to the young woman.

"I mean, I expect it from Guardians and the other pilots, but some of them, were civvies. Just normal folks who got caught up in the Shadow legion sweep." Amanda shook her head, "They still wanted to help."

"I asked Mithrax to talk some sense into them but he shrugged, like, three of his arms and said, "The Witness created heroes instead of Victims." The pilot laughed, "I couldn't have said it better myself."

Her friend was right after all, she has seen it too in the civilians who have been saved. A fire had been lit underneath all of their feet since the Witness won, and the Young Wolf knew that they would do anything to protect their home, their friends and Family.

That right there, was why The Young Wolf wanted to believe the Traveler stayed with them, stayed with Earth all those years ago, sacrificing itself to insure humanity survived.

It had never done anything similar to any of the other civilizations it had visited, it had never gifted them the light so blatantly like it had for Earth and it's people, for them to wield the power of creation themselves against the darkness.

There was something about good old human stubbornness that just wouldn't allow them to quit so easily like the Witness wanted them too.

They would fight tooth and nail to stop his Final Shape.

She, would fight tooth and nail to protect her home, whatever the cost...

"Anyway, back to business. We just got word that Shadow Legion's been sighted in the Cosmodrome, probably trying to pick up new prisoners. So...pack your gear and let's go be heroes partner." And with one last wink to her friend, Amanda ended the transmission leaving the Guardian alone inside the HELM.

The Titan quickly moved over to the vault to grab the gear that she wanted to take with her though, which included her Quicksilver Storm Auto rifle, the Forbearance Waveframe that was by far her favorite grenade launcher ever and her Retrofit Escapade machine gun.

After she had all her weapons for the mission, she had Ghost transmat her into their ship before instantly sitting down in the pilot seat and blasting them off towards the Cosmodrome where the Pyramid stronghold was located.

It only took her roughly three minutes to get down there and once she broke the atmosphere, she had Ghost take control of the ship so she could transmat down to the ground.

As soon as her boots hit the soil though, she raised her Auto rifle and started to shoot at the Shadow legion patrol while making her way towards the Pyramid.