Just Keep Fishing

The Young Wolf sighed softly to herself as she appeared inside of the HELM, trying to shake off the remaining droplets of Methane stuck to her Strand armor set.

It's been two months since...since Amanda's death and things have only escalated since then.

The Vanguard still hasn't found a way into the portal in order to follow the Witness and all the attempts so far have failed.

Every time a Guardian has tried to forcibly fly through the glowing psychedelic portal, it's only ended in said warrior's final death which makes guilt pool at the bottom of the Titan's stomach.

For if she hadn't have failed back on Neptune, then they wouldn't have to worry about the portal but because of her failure...

Well, those deaths, those Guardians who've volunteered for the mission willingly...

Their deaths are on her.

When she had woken up in her room at the tower the morning after Mara had found her, both of them still intertwined as tightly as two could be she had to get up and quickly head on down to the EDZ due to another prion transport sweeping their way through the Dead Zone once more.

She barely had any time to say goodbye to the Queen before she transmatted back to her ship to get back to work but not before Mara had leaned down to press a kiss to the Titan's cheek before her helmet had covered up her face.

Thinking about that night and the kiss in the morning still made her stomach flutter anxiously, a warm feeling left tingling across all her body she swore she could feel it within her very bones.

Unfortunately she hasn't seen the Queen in weeks, but she didn't know if that was necessarily a bad thing if she was being honest.

She didn't know how she would've reacted if she saw Mara so soon after she had broken down while straddling the monarch's lap in her apartment.

She's kind of glad she's had time to come to terms with it...

But, no matter how much she tried to hide it, that talk with Mara had helped, even if it was just a little. Ever since that night it's like a weight had been lifted from her shoulders.

Not all of it, Traveler knows she may never get rid of all the burdens balancing across her shoulders but, it was nice to hear someone as intelligent and wise as Mara try and comfort her, of all people.

The Young Wolf also couldn't get the feel of Mara under her out of her head...

All the Queen's beautiful curves, her wide hips and soft face directed at her. The way her leather outfit perfectly hugged her frame, her hips and her legs.

Fuck, just thinking about those long legs and thick thighs...

All The Young Wolf wanted was for those legs to be wrapped around her body, those hips to rest in her hands as the two embraced all night long.

Preferable in a bed this time around.

With less clothes.

God she had to stop thinking about this, at least for the time being for she had bigger problems to attend to.

Because two weeks ago, a moon of Saturn that had vanished from their Solar system years ago was now back with a new problem to contend with.

And deep in the abyss of the methane sea, one of her old allies was still kicking and needed help.

Thinking about Sloane's predicament and all that she's been through still makes a pang of sadness well up inside of her gut.

She couldn't even imagine being alone on a planet with hostile forces with no way to contact for help if need be.