Old Memories

"Stupid dragon." The Young Wolf muttered under her breath, removing her armor a tad more aggressively than she normally would, throwing it on the ground as she continued to rage around Mara and hers shared bedchamber towards their closet in nothing but her sports bra and spandex shorts.

She was currently alone, her girlfriend still communing with the Harbinger and she had just gotten back from another egg retrieval with Erin but what Riven had said really got to her today for some reason.

She had made her usual barbs at her, about how she was nothing but a weapon, how she had failed Cayde and how much of a murderer she was.

But Riven had come up with a new way to get under her skin and the Young Wolf hated how it worked so well...

Riven had brought up how she felt about Mara, had accused her girlfriend of simply using her just to have the most powerful guardian under her thumb. She had hinted that Mara's love was fake for her, and the dragon had used the fact that she knew what her girlfriend was like back when Sjur was still alive to back up her statement.

She had said that Mara didn't love her like she had Sjur, which she knew was a lie, she needn't only look into her Queen's eyes every time they were together to know the truth.

But today, for some reason the Wish dragon's grating voice, her smug expression that the Titan could practically see just irked her the wrong way.

She knew her girlfriend loved her, Mara never failed to show her, to tell her whenever the need arouse. Hell the two of them could simply be sharing a meal together and the Queen could jump her for no reason entirely, except for the fact she simply looked cute while sitting in the chair.

Which would then proceed to a very passionate make out session, with Mara grinding down atop her as she whispered "I love you's" under her breath between kisses.

It's like ever since she said those three little words to her girlfriend for the first time, she's unleashed this... love hound that won't stop following her around, reminding her everyday, every minute she can how much she cared for her.

And she absolutely found it adorable, but she didn't dare tell Mara that.

But that wasn't the point! The point, was she knew Mara loved her and she didn't know why Riven's words had affected her so.

Even now, standing in their closet and trying to find a pair of comfy lounge clothes, she was still pissed off.

"You know grumbling about it isn't going to change what she said, nor is it gonna make you feel better." Ghost said from inside her pack, knowing that she was most likely gonna change and not wanting to be out in the open to see that.

He was always with her, and technically always saw what she did but still, it was a matter of principle.

"I can hope, can't I?" The Titan pouted, tugging forcefully down on one of her satin sleep blouses hanging on the hanger before heading over to the dresser inside the closet and pulling out a matching set of satin short-shorts, not even bothering with undergarments at the moment.

She quickly discarded her sweaty sports bra and shorts, throwing them into the hamper resting on her side of the closet before changing and walking out bare foot, flopping onto their bed face first once she got close enough.

That's the one thing she absolutely loved about Mara's room, well...their room now but that was besides the point. The bed was SO soft, covered in the finest of sheets and in this particular moment, she was never more glad to have a Queen as her girlfriend.

After a few minutes of silently pouting, she slowly crawled up the bed until she was next to her pillows. She turned around and leaned her back against the headboard and simply closed her eyes, letting her head fall back onto the carved ornate marble behind her while she tried to calm her emotions down.