Two Days Before The Assault

"It's three in the morning guardian, what're you doing up?"

The offhand comment from the Kell of House Light caused the Young Wolf to turn around and gaze at the approaching form of the Eliksni leader.

The Titan had woken up an hour ago, tossing and turning and unable to fall back asleep so as quietly and as gently as she could, the woman snuck out of her and Mara's bed, put her armor on and headed off to find a distraction.

She had just got done clearing out the Impasse a few minutes ago, helping stop the corruption that was bleeding from the Traveler single-handedly while her allies remained unaware of her actions back at the campsite.

Also ignoring Ghost's warnings about going out alone.

She was now sitting atop a pyramidal structure and kicking her legs back and forth, simply watching the light pulse through the very air due to her actions when the Kell had snuck up on her.

Either she was losing her touch or she was way more tired than she originally thought.

She waited until Misraaks took a seat beside her, lowering his form and copying her position before speaking though, "Couldn't sleep." She shrugged. "Just...never mind, it—it's stupid."

Misraaks hummed as he stared off into the distance, "I don't believe it is. Whatever is bothering you is clearly important." He said softly and turned to look at her. The woman watched as his gaze soften while his eyes roamed over her form, taking in her disheveled appearance, "What's on your mind Guardian?" He asked gently.

I'm truth? A lot...

Ever since that vision or, memory she got from the Traveler, she had this feeling in the back of her mind that just won't go away.

There was something here calling to her and it felt, familiar, like an old friend. Warm and safe but for the life of her she couldn't figure out what was calling to her.

That's the real reason she hasn't been able to sleep.

Today, she doesn't know why but it was stronger, like it was trying to grab her attention.

And she was determined to figure out what it was.

The Guardian pursed her lips, "Ever since getting this sword, there's been something calling to me here in the Pale Heart." She whispered, rubbing the Ghost sculpture on Ergo Sum which was resting within her lap, "If I'm being honest...that feeling has been with me since, I first arrived."

Misraaks grunted softly and underneath his breath he made a serious a chattering noises before answering, "Have you spoken to anyone about these feelings? Ikorakel could help you understand what you are sensing, maybe even Osiris along with Marakel. Your beloved would go to un-imaginable lengths to ensure your happiness, as I'm sure you know by now."

The Titan smiled at the Eliksni's words, "I know, I just...I don't want to worry them or cause anymore trouble. Everyone's so focused on the Witness right now, for good reason might I add. We don't need another problem added to the list."

"I don't believe they would see your, feelings as a problem."

"No," The Guardian mused, "Mara would likely tear through the entire Pale Heart to find what's bugging me." She joked before sobering up, "But like I said, we can't worry about my feelings right now, we can't afford it."

"I disagree." Misraaks said softly, but firmly, "There was once a time where you helped me and my people find peace Guardian, let me help you get a semblance of what you gave me before this final conflict arrives."

"I will help you locate the source of this signal, no matter how long it takes us. It's the least I can do, especially after all you've done for my people."