Onslaught Shenanigans

Lillian, Erin and the Young Wolf transmatted into Midtown with their weapons drawn and at the ready.

It was very early in the morning, the Titan had just gotten back from dropping Isabella off at school and now, after probably one of the best evenings she's had in awhile she had to get back to work clearing out the forces of the Witness and help set down defenses so when she was gone, nothing bad happened.

She would be out in the field all day doing this, because after Midtown they'd be heading to the Mothyards and then Felwinter's peak to clear them out as well.

She had a busy day ahead of her and she probably wouldn't be back Home until later than usual. She had told Mara not to wait for her to eat but her Queen had shook her head and said in no uncertain terms that she'd wait for her which had made her heart stutter in her chest while butterflies fluttered in the pit of her stomach.

She loved that woman so damn much that sometimes it physically hurt.

But she wouldn't trade that for anything.

"Onto the Breach once more Guardians." Shaxx said to them through their comms, breaking the Young Wolf out of her stupor as the three women started to move down the street where they could all hear Eliksni chatter while a hoard of Red Jacks followed behind them, "Show House Salvation why they should never mess with Humanity!"

"So," Lillian said, eyeing her friend out of the corner of her eye while they made their way down the street, "How'd last night go?"

The Titan smiled underneath her helmet, "Great, she was so happy to get to spend the night, and her and Mara get along swimmingly." She said as she turned the last corner and lifted her Midnight Coup to start shooting at the Fallen but as she continued to speak, her tone remained fond, "She was very quick to latch onto the Queen. This morning when I woke up, Bella was out of my arms and nestled right into Mara's instead. I had Ghost save a photo of it, I'll show you when we're done for the day."

Lillian hummed as she threw a pulse grenade at a Captain and broke its shield before she started to gun it down with her Ikelos SMG, "You sure Mara will appreciate you showing me a photo of her sleeping? That seems pretty intimate and something the Queen wouldn't be okay with."

"Will you just let me have this moment?" The Young Wolf said passionately, a small pout across her lips as she ducked behind cover to avoid the snipers trying to get off a good shot at her.

"Aww Lillian can't you see? Our Young Wolf has grown up!" Erin teased, a shit eating grin on her face as she grabbed her Graviton Lance Pulse Rifle and took out two of the snipers, "She's now a proud Mama Wolf and wants to show off her amazing Pack!"

"A Pack of three!"

The Young Wolf blushed but couldn't stop the soft smile from breaking out across her face but to keep up appearances she rolled her eyes, "Haha, very funny." She deadpanned before shooting the last Dreg in the head who was trying to run away from them.

The Titan then raised her arm to her helmet and turned on her comms, "Fireteam Orion to Tactical, send in the ADU. The transmat is all clear."

Lillian scoffed under her breath, "I still don't understand why we're Fireteam Orion."

"I like the name!" The Young Wolf exclaimed defensively, "Stop judging me." Just then, before Lillian could retort the ADU appeared right in the middle of the street and the machine projected holograms of different items they could transmat in to help them defend the area.

"Alright, I think we should get the turret and stick it right in front of the ADU and once the machine is charged up more, we should use all the scrap lying around to upgrade it." The Guardian said, walking over to the turret hologram and having Ghost transmat the weapon on the field for them.