The Wish Keeper

"FOOLS! Poachers strip my den, they wrap hungry jaws around my young!" Riven exclaimed angrily through the comms but her voice carried a smidge of fear for her unborn child.

The Young Wolf, where she would never be close with Riven couldn't help but empathize for her. The Vex had just beat them to the egg and stolen it right out of their hands before they could finish the transmat and if anyone had the right to be upset, it was the Ahamkara.

She was honestly still confused about how the Vex beat them, considering Mara's Harbinger had to force the egg towards them from where it was scattered across the Ley Lines.

The Vex were somehow able to simulate their moves, able to predict the Techeuns work and do it faster than them.

Which, didn't bode well for the rest of them.

If the Vex were getting smarter, if the Vex were getting more knowledgeable about what they were up to, the Sol Divisive no less that meant The Witness was winning.

And they couldn't afford that, not when they were so close to achieving their goal.

Back to the conversation at hand though, The Titan holstered her hand cannon and went to loot any treasures left behind as she listened to Crow argue back, "Maybe we'd have gotten here sooner if you'd stop playing games with us!" He exclaimed, causing the Wish dragon to scoff.

"I'm long finished playing with you, Fallen Prince." She said before something far more sinister and ravenous entered her tone, "I've found a new favorite toy. Something far more important to your sister than a lost sibling." Riven purred, not needing to explain her words for everyone across the channel to know exactly who she was talking about.

The Young Wolf narrowed her eyes, her hand frozen in midair from where she was reaching to open an Awoken chest she found tucked in the corner of the room, "Don't call me that." She said firmly, dropping her hand to the side as she glared at the floor, trying to rein in her anger.

The Ahamkara tsked, "What, a toy? Oh my, does the Hero of the Tower, the Guardian of Guardian's not like that word?...But you seem to enjoy it very much when Mara uses it." She laughed.

"Listen here you over grown lizard—" Before she could even finish her sentence, Osiris cut her off, probably for the best too.

She didn't know what she might've said if she continued on.

"Enough." The warlock said firmly, like he was scolding a bunch of toddlers who had stolen from the cookie jar, "There is nowhere they can run that the Young Wolf cannot deliver your retribution. Enough of this squabbling and let's get to it."

After a moment of silence, Riven spoke back up, "Wish it true. Ask me to rewrite this failure and I will make it so." She said, causing both the Guardian and Crow to scoff.

"You really can't help yourself." Crow said but before any of them could continue down that road, Osiris cut them off, again.

"We have a lead." He said, sounding like he was trying to placate the dragon, "In the Darkness connection we detected in the Oracles. Start there, find the trail. Your egg isn't lost yet."

"You better hope it isn't, warlock..." She threatened before without another word she left the channel, leaving the three of them alone for the time being.

"I know we have to work with her, but it's times like this where I wish we didn't." Crow said after a moment where they stewed in silence, his voice tinged with anger and annoyance at the Ahamkara.

"Yes well, these are dire times." Osiris replied, "I'm sure she doesn't like working with the woman who killed her either." The man pointed out wisely making the young Titan purse her lips as she transmatted back onto her ship.