Memories Old and New

Lillian, Erin and the Young Wolf landed in the Arcology with their weapons up and ready for battle.

They had just gotten some intel that hive forces were causing some trouble on the moon of Saturn and, at the Vanguards request she had invited two of her fireteam members to tag along.

Even though she didn't need the help, and she knew she'd most likely be fine it was nice knowing that her friends could watch her back if things got hairy.

Plus, she's missed the girls...

"Man, this place takes me way back." The Titan of the fireteam murmured under her breath as she looked around the old forest that hasn't seemed to change one bit since the last time she was here.

Hell, she had even saw that tank she used to escape the hive during the Red War on their way in.

Lillian hummed, "I haven't been here for ages. It all looks exactly as I remember it."

"Come on! There'll be time for a trip down memory lane later, right now we have to kick some hive butt!" Erin exclaimed with a wide smile across her face underneath her helmet, causing her two teammates to roll their eyes fondly at the Hunter's antics.

Same old Erin.

Before they could say anything else though, Sloane came on over their Comm link just as they started to move on over towards the center of the forest where they could faintly see green light being emitted from just above the trees.

"Guardian, there's massive energy readings surging from below the Arcology. All our communications channels are affected." She said, but as the Titan spoke the fireteam of three could hear more and more static start to interfere with their comm links which made Sloane voice come out all distorted.

"The Lucent Hive are forcing their way through from the Ascendant Plane. But there's something else going on. The formations we're seeing are indicative to some kind of mass ritual to..." Just then, a huge burst of Static interrupted Sloane.

"Guardian? Guardian can you read me?" She asked before comms completely shut down, effectively cutting off their last resort if they got in over their heads.

"Sloane? Sloane do you copy?" Lillian called through her link but only received more static in reply, "It seems like we're on our own now." She said with a small shrug, looking around them and scanning for any threats that could jump out of any nearby bushes.

"It's never stopped us before, it won't stop us now." The Young Wolf said, gripping her Quicksilver Storm Auto tightly in her hands as they came up onto a group of hive kneeling on the ground in a semicircle.

The three of them looked at one another before Lillian broke the silence, "So, the usual?"

The Titan smirked, "Disrupt their ritual at any cost."

Erin chuckled as she raised her Nation of Beasts hand cannon and pointed it directly at an Acolyte's head, "I was hoping you'd say that." Before the words even left her mouth, the Hunter let out a shot and instantly killed the Hive warrior, alerting every single other Hive of their presence.

"Let's get to work people."

————————

"What do you mean we're cut off?" Zavala asked in concern, a frown plastered across his face as he stared at the static on the feed, "What's blocking us?"

Sloane shook her head, "I can't tell commander. Best guest is the lucent hive under the depths though. Whatever they're doing down there is bad news."

"Is there no way to get eyes on them?" Saint asked in concern, staring at the static with slight concern for his friend and her team.