Of Queen's And Skimmers

"Mara, I don't think this is a good idea." The Titan said hesitantly as the two woman walked down the corridors of the Confluence.

They were currently on their way to the Cell of the Sycophant because the Queen had wanted to test something out but even to the guardian, this idea was a little too much for her adventurous spirit.

Mara simply smiled in response, squeezing the Young Wolf's hand to comfort her girlfriend, "Relax my love. This is why you're here with me. You will protect me from the Taken if my plan does not go how I wish it will."

"Darling..." The guardian shook her head, the trepidation not leaving her eyes in the slightest, "Do you really think you can just, ask the Taken to leave? They won't listen." She replied back with a small frown across her face.

"The Taken are swayed by strong wills. The more powerful you are, the more likely they will listen." Mara said primly before her eyes softened, "I have to try. My home is in shambles because of these...beasts! If I can control them, I could force them out of my home for good."

The young woman sighed, the few curls hanging from her halo braid swaying with her as she shook her head. She understood where Mara was coming from, really she did but there was no use trying to control the Taken if they already had a master.

Xivu and The Witness may be indisposed at the moment, but that did not mean their presence didn't linger, the stench of their influence never far when the Taken were involved.

The Young Wolf stopped mid-step and turned to stare at her girlfriend, reaching over with her arms to lay her hands across her shoulders and turning the older woman so they were both facing one another now.

"Mara, you know I love you beyond belief,  and I would never say this unless I wasn't worried about you. But, what if there is no way?" She asked gently, staring at her lover with kind eyes, "What if, the Dreaming city is cursed to be like this forever?" She asked softly.

The monarch swallowed thickly at her Wolf's words, hating them but conceding that she had the right to be concerned with her behavior. This wasn't usually like her, jumping in with a half conceived plan and hoping for the best.

She definitely picked that up from her girlfriend.

Mara closed her eyes briefly, just for a moment before opening them again so she could stare into the Young Wolf's gorgeous eyes as she responded, "I can't believe that." She whispered, "There is a way, I know it. We just haven't found it yet love." She said before raising one of her own hands to rest on the other woman's cheek, "Do you trust me?"

"With my life." The guardian instantly replied back, causing Mara to smile.

"Then trust me when I tell you, no matter how long it takes, I will find a way to return my home to its former glory. To rid its walls of Taken corruption, Hive propaganda and Scorn trickery...So you and I may have peace within the walls of our home." The Queen admitted softly, smiling down at her girlfriend.

The Young Wolf's heart fluttered at the awoken woman's words, her smile widening as she gazed up at the monarch and leaned forward to press a small kiss to her cheek.

"I appreciate the thought darling, but you don't have to fight so hard just for me. I get you want to see your home complete again, but remember you need breaks too. It's alright to just sit back and let other people shoulder the burden...or so I'm told." She smirked, causing Mara to chuckle softly.

"Using my own words against me, are you?" The Queen inquired with a raised eyebrow, staring down at the mischief filled gaze of her lover, "That's hardly fair."

The Titan grinned and offered the woman a small wink, "All's fair in love and war love." She joked, leaning up again to press a chaste kiss to the Monarch's lips before pulling away, smiling in amusement as the Queen licked her lips to savor the taste of her.