Not crazy (Duff McKagan x Steven Adler)

This is gonna be the last hopefully Guns i do. As I do feel like I've done a few Guns ones, I will be doing some like Axl an maybe like Michael Monroe though.

Duff wants to fucking die.

When he imagined joining his dream band, the images in his head had been more akin to earning a gold disk, headlining at Madison Square Garden, selling billions of records, and being worshiped among their fans, an groupies maybe drugs an boos, oh an lots of vodka.

Sitting butt ass naked, save for a paper gown in some disgusting urgent care clinic in the middle of bumfuck nowhere had not been part of his plan.

Sitting in a paper gown in some urgent care with his Terror raising best friend that Duff may or may not have a massive crush on chaperoning and sitting with him in the doctor's office like his fucking mother, had definitely not been part of his plan.

The terror raising friend in question, Steven, who is so blissfully unaware of Duff's complete utter humiliation, happily swinging his feet beneath the chair like a child as he hums an old Frankie Valli tune to himself.

"Er Stevie," Duff says, squirming uncomfortably on as he sits on the examination bed, "you can leave if you'd like. I can't imagine you want to be sitting here, watching the doctor."

Stevie grins that blinding, crooked smile of his and Duff has to school his expression.

"Oh Duffles, I don't mind one bit, it's all part of the experience, right?! an I promised not to say who but someone told me you were afraid of the doctor's and that he would feel bad if no one could come with, and I would hate to leave you alone when.."

Duff cuts him off with a massive groan of embarrassment.

"I'm not afraid of the doctor, Steven, maybe when I was a kid an first meet most of the Guys."

"Didn't you meet most of us in your 20s?"

"But I'm perfectly capable of going to the doctor's myself."

Despite that, some part of Duff was glad he's not here alone. He'd prefer that it wasn't the man he's madly infatuated with that's here with him at what is a considerable low point for Duff, but with everything that's been going on, he's grateful for the support.

"Well Duffels, I would rather sit by your but ass naked self then leave you here afraid, I mean who would help me piss of Ax. I need my other half Duffy an that's you."

There have been so many instances of flirting, so many touches that feel too charged and purposeful to be accidental. There are the smiles that Steven will flash him, the ones that make Duff feel like Steven thinks the whole world of him as well.

Of course, that can't be true, they've known each other for a couple of years. Steven an him have been nothing more then friends but fuck, the way Steven looks at him. Beyond that, there's the feeling when they're on stage.

The feeling of something that has always been a little askew and strange in Duff clicking right into place as soon as he's locked in with Steven. A growing feeling of belonging that he has never in his life experienced. When he stands in front of the drums an locks eyes with the smaller blonde, that is when everything wrong in the world is right just for a second, Like time it self stopped just for them.

But to Steven, it's probably nothing.

This being famous, performing on stage, touring, the parties, the girls, it's all new an it's all fun. Steven tries to find the best and the most fun in every situation and he flirts with anything that has a pulse. Duff has to remind himself of that when he finds himself stepping dangerously over the territory of 'appreciating Steven's appearance because from a success standpoint, it's important for there band' to want to fuck anything with a pulse because that Rock 'n' roll'.