CHAPTER - 4

Arun's POV:

When it was midnight, Diya opened her eyes slowly. The nurse came out of the ward and told her mom and brother to go and meet her. They smiled and rushed in. Her father was in rounds. He was not with us. I was standing outside and looked at them through window.

Her mom yelled at Diya with tears in her eyes. I couldn't hear what they were speaking. The nurse calmed down her mom and removed Diya's oxygen mask and allowed her to speak. Diya said something to her mom and brother. Her mom cried on hearing her and yelled at her. The nurse calmed her down again. They spoke for sometime. Her mom kissed Diya's forehead before coming out and came out.

They didn't ask me anything. They behaved normal with me. Little Diya didn't say anything about me, it seemed. But I wanted to know what she said.

"Why did she jump from the terrace? Did she tell anything?" I asked Vijay hesitantly.

"She didn't jump deliberately. She said that she went to terrace in the morning to do yoga as usual. She saw a peacock in the terrace and by looking at that peacock and by chasing it, she forgot herself and fell down accidentally. She is always naughty like this only," He said, keeping his face sadly and making me to have a jerk.

I wanted to run to her and ask her why didn't she complaint about me. But as a third person, I couldn't go and talk with her in front of her family. I saw directly when she jumped from the terrace and there was no peacock. She jumped deliberately, squeezing her eyes shut. But she lied to her Maa and saved me. It increased my guilty.

I just nodded to vijay and kept quiet. Vijay sat down near his mom. I was waiting for the nurse to go out and her family to sleep.

After sometime, Dr. Krishna too came and went inside to talk with her. They too spoke for some time and he came out after kissing her forehead. He asked Mrs.Paayal and Vijay to sleep in his cabin as it was their own hospital and he told that he will be in the ward. They nodded and went to his cabin to sleep for sometime. Then, he told me to go to home. But I denied by telling that it is midnight. Then, he told me to go to his cabin at least. But I denied for it too and sat down near him. The nurse too went out.

After a very long time, when it was about to dawn, he fell asleep, sitting in the chair. As soon as he fell asleep, I opened the door and went inside. Little Diya was sleeping.

"D... Diya," I called in a low voice. There was no response.

"Diya.. " I called again.

She slowly opened her eyes and saw me slowly and widened her eyes in shock.

"Please.. Please.. Don't get tensed. I won't do anything.. " I said, moving a step back, as I know if she get tensed, her condition may get worsen.

"Calm down, I won't do anything," I reassured.

Her widened eyes went back to normal.

"I... I am sorry. I didn't do it deliberately. I was not in my senses. Still, I accept that it was my mistake. But why didn't you complaint about me to your parents?" I asked.

She moved her hand which was connected with many tubes to remove her oxygen mask. She wanted to talk, it seemed. I told her to wait and I removed the oxygen mask gently from her face.

"It doesn't mean that I fear about complaining a bad touch. If it was any new person, I would have told it to my parents. But I saw you as a friend and family. If I complain about you to my parents, then you will not be alive. My papa will surely kill you. I don't want to kill you whom I saw once as a friend and family" She said in a feeble voice.

I realised how extreme we were. I lied and faked a promise on my dear friend Nivas. But she is thinking every words of her as her promises. She didn't say me as her friend and family just for words. I realised, She really looked at me as her friend and family. But it was me who missed that friend and family because of my own foolishness. That thought made my hard rock heart to melt a little.