CHAPTER - 15

Arun's POV:

Some more weeks passed. Diya's college was reopened and she started going to college. Her bandage was removed from her head and she had a two inch of flat scar on her left forehead above her eyebrow. It was no doubt, she still looked divine. But Her clear skin and beautiful face was blemished because of the scar. It may take years for the scar to fade away or a laser surgery will be needed to remove the scar, her father said. My heart pained and at the same time I wanted to give a strong slap to her for jumping from the terrace for just an accidental kiss. But I couldn't slap. I could only worry.

When it was evening, I came out of my music academy and took out my mobile to hear songs. When I unlocked the mobile, I saw a message that my salary is credited. Whenever my salary was credited, that night would be a celebration for me. I would drink and enjoy with any girl, spending at least 3000 in one night.

But that day I didn't want to spend money on my so called celebrations. I walked to a textiles, the last time when I bought dresses for my family flashing in my mind. When I missed my family and went back to my native in the age of 17, I was working in a hotel in part time. I was having nearly two thousand in my hands apart from my expenses. Before going to meet them, I bought some new dresses for my strength and went to meet them. My father got it in his hands with smile. But my step mother grabbed it from him and threw it away by saying, "You will slap me if I say the truth about your Amma. But we should grin at you by seeing this low class dresses. Isn't it?"

My father too kept quiet without warning her. I wanted to slap myself in a torn slipper for buying new dresses for them. But Diya's parents whom I started to think as my Amma and Appa would never throw my so called low class dresses away, I thought. So I thought to buy dresses for them with my salary.

I went inside a textiles and looked around. Instantly a scarlet coloured soft silk saree with golden border which was on a mannequin caught my eyes. I didn't want to glance at any other sarees. I decided to buy that itself and bought it for Amma. Then, I went to men's section and bought a formal white shirt and black pant for Appa as he was wearing formal dresses mostly as far as I saw. Then I bought a navy blue denim and white with blue casual shirt for Vijay.

Then I went to the chudidar section and I saw some anarkali suits for Little Diya. After glancing a lot, I selected a beige coloured cotton silk Anarkali tops with pink border, pink coloured pant and pink embroidered duppata.

I billed everything and came out of the shop happily. I got into the bus and reached the destination.

When I reached the home, suddenly I felt nervousness. I bought everything but I didn't know how I am going to give it to them. I can yell and frown at anyone easily. But expressing love is difficult for me. The only person I was expressing a very little love was Diya. Diya only!

I knocked the already opened door. Amma came and called me in as usual. I walked in and smiled at her.

She smiled back and said, "You go and get freshen up. Let me continue cooking," and turned to go.

"Maa.. " I stopped her. She turned back to me.

"I... Do you want any help in cooking?" I asked irrelevantly.

"No dear. You take rest," She said softly and again turned to go.

"Maa.." I stopped her again. I missed Diya in that place. I wondered where did she go when I am struggling here. If she was there, she would definitely ask about the bag which was in my hand.

Amma turned back to me again, looking at me puzzled and asked, "Do you want to tell me anything?"

I gathered all my courage and stammered, "Yes Maa, Today I have got my salary. So... So..I bought dresses for you all. Will.. Will you get it?"