CHAPTER - 29

Arun's POV:

One week passed. It was the day I was waiting for. Yes, Me and Diya were going to ooty hill station by flight till a place called coimbatore and by bus after that. I never travelled in flight. So, I was excited for travelling in flight for the first time, that too with my little Diya. At about morning 9'o clock, I was excitingly getting ready in my room. I shaved my beard to stubble, bathed, wore a classic white formal shirt and black pant and combed my hair. I groomed myself like a rich classy businessman, because I am going to travel in flight na (giggles).

When I was spraying my wildstone perfume on me, someone knocked on the door. I kept the perfume down and opened the door. It was Diya.

Diya's POV:

As soon as Arun opened the door, I saw a handsome and classy Arun for the first time. He was indeed always handsome. But he was alluring now. I never saw him like that till now. He never wore formal clothes as far as I knew. He never combed his hair perfectly like a school boy till now. His two inch beard has changed to a stubble now. I couldn't take my eyes off him. I was stunned.

"Why, Diya? What happened?" He interrupted my admiration.

"What is this new avatar?" I asked, controlling my blush and admiration.

"Looking good, ah?" He blushed.

I chuckled on seeing his blush and giggled, "Hmm... But why did you get ready like it's your marriage? We are going to a marriage just as a guest."

"But we are going in flight na," He said excitedly like a child. Though he had bad habits, he was actually a child inside. If he was not a child inside, I would have not been able to mould him.

I smiled warmly and asked, "You had any dream of travelling in flights? That's why you are excited?!"

"No, I didn't have any dreams. But..." He paused.

"But??!!"

"Nothing, I didn't have any dreams. But going in flight feels exciting," He said.

"Oh.. " I sighed.

"Then, Why did you come here?" He asked.

"I just came here to ask whether you have a winter jacket to wear in ooty. It will be cold na" I said.

"No Diya, I don't have," He replied.

"Okay, Then let me pack one more winter jacket." I smiled. He nodded.

"Then, You have a traditional dress na?" I asked in a doubtful tone, as I never saw him in traditional clothes either.

"Hmm, I have one pair of silk cotton shirt and dhoti. Why? Do you want it?" He giggled.

I glared at him. "I said, Just for fun, Diya." He grinned showing all his teeth.

"Okay, Pack a traditional dress too. We friends are all going to wear traditional clothes for the wedding. You too wear it." I said.

"Oh, okay." He shrugged his shoulders.

I nodded and I came back to my room.

Arun's POV:

After Diya left my room, I came in and started to pack the clothes I needed for the next two days in my shoulder bag. When I was packing, my eyes landed on my diary. I needed it too for writing the experience of the journey in the next two days. I took it in my hands and I was about to pack it. But suddenly my own words which I said to Diya flashed in my mind. "No, I didn't have any dreams. But...."

"But now I have a dream of living with you." That was the words I wanted to say to her. But I couldn't complete my sentence and managed to lie something else to her. Because, I knew, she won't accept me because of my past. She herself admitted that no woman would take my habits easily. Then how she herself will accept me? I knew, the dreams I had were just like a mirage water. It won't be possible to have it in real, and my heart ached to think that. But the same her promised me that she will be with me always as a friend. That gave me a little relief. At Least she will always be in front of my eyes, I thought and consoled myself.