CHAPTER - 40

Arun's POV:

I came back home at about 7 o'clock in the late evening. I went to my room, freshened up and laid down on the bed, the memories of Diya and her promise crossing in my mind. "Me and my family will be with you always," and a sarcastic smile appeared on my face. Though everyone left me, I believed Diya would be with me always because of her promise. But, She proved that she also sees me as a disturbance.

Why should she forgive my past sins, why should she give her own family to me, why should she develop a friendship with me, why should she give life to my dead heart, and then why should she hurt my re-born heart brutally? For this, I would have lived with my dead heart itself without any pain. She gave life and because it has life, it hurts.

The memories of my good moments with Diya flooded in my mind, and few more pains were added to my already existing pains now. The pain of not being able to talk with my Diya, not being able to smile with her, not being able to laugh with her, not being able to play with her on weekends. I felt like drinking alcohol to ease the pain now, too. But...If I take alcohol, It will hurt Diya more and she will go away even more from me. I didn't want it. I wanted to be in her home and I wanted her to be in front of my eyes at least.

So, I wanted to divert my mind from the itching of alcohol and took my mobile to hear songs and played some random songs from my music library.

The lyrics which never entered my mind from my childhood, caught the attention of my mind now.

பிணமாய் தூங்கினேன்
ஏன் எழுப்பி நீ கொன்றாய் அன்பே
கனவில் இனித்த நீ
ஏன் நிஜத்தில் கசந்தாய் பின்பே
யார் யார் போல நாமும் இங்கே
நம்முள் பூத்த காதல் எங்கே
(I was sleeping like a dead body. Why did you wake me up and killed me? You were sweet in dreams. Why did you turn bitter in reality? Here we are being like a third persons. Where is the love which bloomed in us?)

I paused the song, looking at my phone frustratingly. I started to hear songs to divert my mind from her. But Even songs were remembering her and my love for her. I didn't want to hear songs anymore. I kept my mobile down and took my music note to create my own music notes which I try once in a blue moon. I didn't want to play my funny music notes inside their home which would disturb them. So, I took my guitar to go to the garden and write my music notes under the moonlight. It will calm my mind, I thought and went to the garden.

Diya's POV:

I was sitting at my study table, my thoughts being on Arun. I was restless on seeing his extreme calmness in the afternoon. I could understand that I hurted him brutally. I had given him a pain more than the pain which he gave me by taking alcohol.

The memories of him, how he took care of me, how he behaved with respect, how we enjoyed boating, everything that happened in our ooty trip flooded in my mind and I hated myself for hurting him in return.

I was thinking how he would go through the pain and my hand wrote on my notebook, "Sorry for hurting you. But what you have done is also wrong. Now you took alcohol again. What is the guarantee that you won't visit......." I paused writing and cursed myself for thinking like this. He might have taken alcohol. But... Visiting the red light area... He won't do it again. My Arun won't do it again, because I knew, He started to see souls, ignoring bodies. His eyes said it all.

I shrugged off those thoughts and all I wanted was, he should not take alcohol hereafter in any hurtful situation or in any lonely situation or even to have fun.