1.12

I was pissed that he was still acting like this girl was more important than my mate

I was pissed that he was still acting like this girl was more important than my mate. I pulled my mate over to my jeep and helped her in. She didn't say anything or fight me when I buckled her up. "We need to get her home! Stick to the plan." Ian said as he climbed into the back with Rosalie. I nodded my head as I got in the driverseat. I floored it back to the house. When we arrived I wasn't surprised when we found it emptied. Rosalie got her out as Ian and I kept watch. Jasper showed up once we got her inside.

"The blonde went after Bella. The redhead is with him. As for the other one I am not sure he left but is still close by. According to Alice." He said as he walked over to my mate. Jasper kissed her forehead before walking over to the windows, no doubt keeping an eye out for the other vampire or Alice. It wasn't long after that when Carlisle and Esme got home.

"Carlisle?!" I said but he raised his hand at me and walked over to my mate.

"I will never let them hurt you!" He said before pulling her into his arms. "You are our daughter!" He said as Esme joined them. I sighed as this is how it should have been. Them putting her first. But Edward always made it hard for them.

"Where is Alice?" Esme asked once they broke apart. We all knew she went with Edward as she saw Bella as a friend. Even after all she has done to Brooklyn.

"She went with Edward!" Jasper said with a hiss. "She wanted me to go with them but I refused. My niece is more important than Edward's blood singer. I won't leave her unprotected." He said and I almost scoffed at him. "I know she has you, Emmett and the rest of our family. But she is my blood!" He said and I nodded my head. I knew what he meant.

"I won't let anything happen to her." I said and Jasper nodded his head. As my phone rang. I growled as I pulled it out of my pocket. I tossed it over to Carlisle when I saw it was Edward calling. I took my mate to the kitchen as Carlisle and Esme answered it. "After you are done eating we are going to our room." I said and she nodded her head at me. "I won't let them touch you!" I said as I helped her make a sandwich.

"I am sorry, Edward. But you went against us. I will not help you! This is now on you to protect her." Carlisle said as I sat with my mate as she ate. We were all sitting in the living room when Alice called and told us the plan that Bella and Edward had come up with. Rosalie refused to help either of them. As the girl meant nothing to her.

"Come on Brook. Let's head upstairs." I said as I stood and held out my hand for her. I was concerned as she still hadn't said anything. When she froze, I became more concerned. "Babe?" I said as I stepped in front of her.

"It's him?" She finally said and we all turned to her. "He was the one!" She said and I frowned at her. What was she talking about? He's the one, what? She can't mean mate as we were mates.

"What do you mean sweetheart?" Esme asked as she moved to stand with my mate. But my mate looked at Ian. Ian looked shocked before anger was set on his face.