3.5

I was pissed as I listened to that bitch, claiming she wasn't at fault for what happened to my mate

 I was pissed as I listened to that bitch, claiming she wasn't at fault for what happened to my mate. Like she wasn't the reason we were forced to move from our home. "Stop listening. It is only going to upset you more!" Brooklyn said as she laid our son down. "What happened happened. We can't change it now!" She said and I shook my head. No, we couldn't change it but it could have been prevented if Edward had just listened to us and not brought her around. If he didn't think he was right all the damn time then none of this would have happened. I was also still pissed at Alice for her part in all of this.

"She is the reason..." I said but Brooklyn held up her hand. Stopping me from continuing. I hated that she would do that. But it is what Esme and Rosalie had taught her to do when she was upset and she needed us to be quiet.

"Stop right there." She said and I huffed at her. It was clear she was upset and she didn't want to fight with me. I didn't want to fight with her either. "Is she the reason we had to leave... Yes! But she wasn't the reason I was shot. She wasn't the reason you and our son had to bite me." She said, making me sigh. She was right about that.

"But if it wasn't for her then we wouldn't have been there. If it wasn't for her we would have been home in our bed." I said and this time she sighed.

"Ok, you're right! But it doesn't change the fact that I am what I am now." She said but I wasn't happy. Though I was right I wasn't happy that my mate was now like me. I wanted her human just a little longer. I wanted us to have our wedding and our honeymoon while she was still human. I wanted her to experience this all as a human and I knew she did too. I sat on our bed and listened.

"You should really stop!" Brooklyn said as she moved about the room getting things that we had put off done. I sighed as I heard that bitch ask for a chance to speak with me. I growled as Brooklyn hissed.

"Do you not get that he hates you?" Alice asked and her tone shocked me as it wasn't her nice tone she normally used when talking to or about Bella.

"That he will never want you over his mate!" Ian added in. That was followed by the sound of her crying. I rolled my eyes as I continued to listen.

"I am sorry!" She said through her sobs. "I am not trying to steal him away. I just thought that maybe we could be friends and that he would see I am not that bad of a person. Not like the rest of you all think I am!" She said, still sobbing. But it was clear to me that it was all fake.

"Edward, get your blood singer out of my home! She is stinking up our home with her nasty stench!" Esme, hissed before the sound of her footsteps could be heard. It was clear that everyone was over their game and didn't want any part of it.

"We should leave!" Edward then said but by his tone he didn't want to leave. He wanted her to get what she wanted. He wanted to be allowed to come back home and be able to have her around all of us. Around my mate and son. I was growing more angry the more I thought about what they were trying to focus us to do. "Bella, we should leave now!" He said a little rushed. It was clear he had heard my thoughts and what I planned to do if they didn't leave soon.