2.6

I looked up and screamed when I noticed the girl from the front counter staring at Emmett and I in shock

 I looked up and screamed when I noticed the girl from the front counter staring at Emmett and I in shock. "What the fuck! Get out!" Emmett yelled as he covered us both up. She just stood there staring at us. "Baby call the cops!" Emmett said, making me look to my right and see the phone. When I picked up the phone I noticed the girl had a gun. I froze for a moment and looked at Emmett. He nodded his head for me to do as he said.

"Don't!" She yelled as she stared only at Emmett. "Tell her to put it down!" She said in a calm and deadly tone. Emmett moved in front of me. I knew that this was because the bullet wouldn't hurt him like it would me.

"Keep calling baby!" He said and I started to dial 911. But only got the nine and one of the ones when she fired the gun at me. I screamed and dropped the phone.

"She is not your baby! How could you call her that?" She screeched at Emmett.

"She is my wife! Why would I not call her that?" He growled. I moved more behind him as he looked ready to kill her. I knew he was and I wasn't scared of what was about to happen.

"NO! I am your wife! She is just some cheap slut!" She screamed and I was looking at this crazy bitch, well like she was crazy. In a blink of an eye Emmett had her by her throat.

"Don't ever talk about my mate like that again!" Emmett hissed as he tightened his grip on her. It was like everything went in slow motion after that I watched her raise the gun at me and pull the trigger. After that I am not sure what happened. I just remember burning. Not in one spot but my whole body was on fire.

I rushed into the hospital that my daughter had been taking to

I rushed into the hospital that my daughter had been taking to. "Brooklyn Whitlock?" I yelled as I found my son pacing the waiting room. My family wasn't far behind me. Jasper looked like he was ready to kill everyone in the hospital. "Emmett? What happened?" I asked once I was standing in front of him. Esme was sobbing into Ian's arms.

"She shot her!" He said as he looked down at his hand. I smelt the blood but didn't put it all together. That was Brooklyn's blood. He had his mates blood on his hands. "They took her in the back and they won't let me see her. I don't even know if she is...." He said as he broke down. Rosalie moved to hold him.