3.12

I smirked as the leader of the pack walked behind a tree

I smirked as the leader of the pack walked behind a tree. I thought they were going to leave so we could tell Bella and Edward that we weren't going to help them. I was a little surprised when he came back out. "The way Bella speaks about you all is like you don't have a backbone. Good to see that you all do! Or at least one of you does!" He said as he walked to the front of the pack.

"Yeah, but how many of you have a backbone when it comes to her?" Brooklyn asked as she moved next to me. Jace, placed on her hip. I hissed at the leader as he eyed our son.

"There is only one that doesn't and one I question!" He said as he turned his head to the reddish brown wolf before looking at a younger sandy brown wolf. He whimpered and put his head down. "But he is young and dumb!" He said and I laughed and looked over at Edward. Even though he was older than me he was still younger because of the age he turned.

"I have to ask!" Carlisle said as he watched the pack. "What reason were you all giving for meeting here?" He asked and I would have wondered what he meant but knowing Bella and Edward. They could have lied and given them a different story. One that put Brookly and Jace in danger.

"Newborns are coming and they need our help as well as yours to stop them from reaching Forks and La Push!" He said in a confused tone.

"Then they gave us the same story. That is good to know they didn't lie" Carlisle said as he looked over at Edward.

"We haven't lied about this." Edward said as Bella clung to him. So they lied about other things.

"Kind of hard with the pack!" He said and it sounded like there was a growl at the end. He then turned and looked at the reddish brown wolf. "We do, however, have a matter to discuss with you." He said as he looked over at Brooklyn and I. I pulled her behind me and hissed. Ian and Jasper moved to my side.

"I am guessing this is about my son turning my daughter. His mate!" Carlisle said, making the leader's eyes go wide.

"Their mates?" He asked and Carlisle nodded his head.

"Yes they are. If you would like, I will tell you the story of our family so you can understand why we are so protective of her." Carlisle said and this made the leader glare over at Bella. She looked scared and tried to hide behind Edward.

"That information was left out when she was telling us about you all!" He said, still glaring at Bella. "But now it makes more sense." He said with a hint of a growl as he turned to the reddish brown wolf. He shifted as the whole pack glared at him. He winced and I wondered what was going on.

"Edward, tell them to leave him alone." Bella said as she pulled on his jacket. But Edward didn't say anything. Instead he looked at her annoyed. She stepped away from him and over in front of the wolves. "He didn't know because I didn't tell him. I don't believe they are mates. I mean..." She said, making the wolves turn and glare at her. Including the reddish brown wolf. "I-I'm sorry! I shouldn't have lied." She stuttered but ran back to Edward.