1.13

I knew they weren't happy with Bella being around

I knew they weren't happy with Bella being around. The mere fact that she had hit Brooklyn had made any chance of being welcome by the family none existent. But I needed their help. There was no way I could keep her alive on my own and keep myself alive at the same time. "I wouldn't push it Edward." Alice said as she walked past me. I watched as she did everything to keep her thoughts to herself.

"What did you see?" I asked as she stopped and looked at me. Bella looked between us.

"Nothing good!" She said and I got a glimpse of what she had seen. It was Bella confessing her love to Emmett. I turned to Bella and shook my head. I loved her and I truly thought she loved me. But it seems she loves my mated brother a little more. I knew that this would never work between us if she was also in love with my mated brother. I also knew that Emmett hated her and would never leave Brooklyn. So there I was safe.

"Edward?" Bella asked as I continued to stare at her. "Are you ok?" She asked and I nodded my head. I didn't know what to say to her right now.

"I think we need to move forward with your plan." I said but I knew my family would never leave Brooklyn alone. Not if there was any chance that they could get to her.

"OH! OK!" She said as she played with her fingers. I stood up as I needed to see if Ian would help me. I just needed someone to distract them while I got her out of town. "Do you think Emmett will help?" She asked and it took everything in me to not hiss at her.

 "Do you think Emmett will help?" She asked and it took everything in me to not hiss at her

I shook my head as I listened to everyone fight over this plan of Edward's. It was a bad plan and he knew it. But it was what Bella wanted to keep her father safe. I rolled my eyes as I picked at my fruit. "I think you and I got off on the wrong foot!" Bella said as she walked up to me.

"Yeah! You stalking my family did that!" I said as I popped a strawberry in my mouth.

"Well! I am with Edward so we should get along!" She said with a smirk and I glared at her.

"Edward is nothing to me! Meaning you are nothing to me! I do not care about you or him!" I said as I picked up my bowl and walked away from her. In the end Ian, Carlisle and Alice helped them get out of the house. The rest of my family stayed with me. It was only a few days later when Edward called saying that the tracker vampire had found them and that he needed help.