4.1

I couldn't believe what I had heard

I couldn't believe what I had heard. How could my sweet girl do that? I looked at Carlisle and he was just as shocked as I was. "I have never heard of this!" He said as Brooklyn sobbed in Emmett's chest. It was clear she was still very much upset with what had happened. Or what could have happened.

"That doesn't mean anything." Emmett said as he held her tight. "I mean there are all kinds of gifts." He said as Ian and Rosalie rubbed her back.

"I mean that is true." Carlisle said but there was something off about what he said.

"What is it?" I asked as I wanted my daughter to stop crying. I wanted her pain a grif to leave her. I didn't want her to be upset anymore.

"When I was with the Voltuir there was talk about a vampire that had a gift similar to this. The Volturi view him as a threat. They hired others to kill him as well as his coven. Now from what Aro had told me was that he had vowed that each member of his bloodline would gain more and more power. Now they view this as a threat and started to whip out all that held his last name." He said and I frowned at this. But it made me wonder about how we found Brooklyn.

"Who was he?" Ian asked, making Carlisle sigh.

"The first of our kind! From what I was told." He said and I gasped. He couldn't mean... The first ever? Could he? I mean Brooklyn is a Whitlock. And they hadn't been around that long. Or had they?

"What was his name?" Jasper asked as he looked only at Carlisle. It made me wonder if he knew something about all of this.

"That is the thing. They never spoke his name out loud." Carlisle said as we all just stared at him "It was forbidden!" He said and I sighed.

"Brook?" Rosalie asked as she walked over to the youngest of our family. But she appeared to be sleeping.

"Can we not?" Emmett said as he held Jace and Brooklyn in his arms. "Let her rest! She had a worse day than the rest of us." He said and I nodded my head. She had to take on six newborns by herself while protecting her son. I couldn't imagine what she was feeling during that time.

 I couldn't imagine what she was feeling during that time