4.2

I had blocked out the rest of the world and just wanted to hold my mate and our son

I had blocked out the rest of the world and just wanted to hold my mate and our son. I didn't want to think about what I had done to save myself and my son. I didn't want to think about the innocent newborns that I had to kill because of some crazy vampire out for revenge against Edward and Bella. All I wanted was my mate and our son. Maybe that was wrong of me but I didn't care. I felt Emmett shift as we laid together. "What is wrong?" I asked as I looked up from his chest where our son and I had laid our heads.

"It is nothing!" He said and I sighed as I knew he wasn't telling me the truth. He sighed as He looked down at me. "Edward and Bella are here and she is confessing to all she has done. And why, she did it?" He said and I rolled my eyes. "This bitch is fucking crazy!" He said and I laughed. Making him smile at me. Then groans, making me listen a little more to what was going on outside our room.

"Please Esme. She just wants them to know how sorry she is. Can't you at least give her that?" I heard Edward say, making me sigh. I looked back at Emmett and he looked pissed.

"Let's give him this. Then we can leave and he can't stop us. We always talked about traveling and I think it is time." I said but he shook his head. I knew what I was asking for was a lot but I wanted away from this crazy human that only brought us trouble.

"Jace is growing faster now! He is drinking more blood and we need to keep him safe. We can only do that with our family!" He said and I sighed as I knew he was right but I was tired of the small town. Even if we were able to act like a normal family here. There had to be somewhere else we could go and live our lives like we do here.

"OK! Then we stay in here!" I said with a pout as I moved to lay my head back down. But he sat up making me huff at him. "Or not!" I said as he got off the bed and held out his hand for me.

"You are right!" He said and I raised my eyebrow at him. "We need to do what is right for us and our family!" He said as I slowly took his hand. Not sure what he meant by that.

Brooklyn was right, it was time for us to do what we wanted

Brooklyn was right, it was time for us to do what we wanted. We needed to think about ourselves and our son. But we also needed to think about those who mattered to us. When she took my hand I pulled her up and kissed her lips. "Come on!" I said as I pulled her out of the room. I knew I needed to protect my mind from Edward so I thought about different places we could go. Paris, Japan. England. I thought about anything that didn't involve what Brooklyn had done. There was no way I was going to let Edward and that human use it against my mate and our family.