4.7

I was annoyed when I was told that Edward was here

I was annoyed when I was told that Edward was here. I looked at Brooklyn and she was frowning at me. "He just had to show up now!" She said and I sighed. We had done so much to change the plans of the wedding. But still have it on this day. I smiled as she looked amazing in her dress! I could hear Emmett yelling at Edward. And though I was upset with Edward I didn't like the colorful language that Emmett was using.

"Stay here!" I said as I looked at Rosalie and Brooklyn. I walked out of the room and down the stairs to see Carlisle and the boys. Edward looked a mess. It was clear he had been hunting but animal or human I couldn't be sure. "Why are you back now?" I asked, stopping all of them from yelling at each other.

"I had to come back! I need to fix what I have done." Edward said, Making Emmett, Ian and Jasper to scoff. I held my hand up and stopped them from saying anything.

"And you thought today of all days was that day?" I asked, Edward nodded his head. "I am not sure why you hate Brooklyn so much to ruin her wedding day but I will not have it any more!" I said as he looked at me confused. "You have been told what you need to do to fix your mistake yet you refuse to do it. That is on you. But I will not let you ruin my childrens wedding day. Not now, not ever." I said as Edward looked down.

"I am not here to ruin anything. I am here to support them." He said and the boys scoffed again.

"That is hard to believe!" Alice said as she stepped into the living room. "You have never done anything to support Emmett and Brooklyn's relationship." she said and I had to agree. There were many things I needed to take into account for and one of the biggest was downplaying how cruel Edward had been to Brooklyn her whole life. Edward looked up at me and he shook his head.

"You were trying to be a good mother to all of us. It was my fault that I was such a monster to her." He said and I frowned a little at him.

"But I did nothing to correct you on that behavior. I just hope you will grow out of it once you realize that she isn't going anywhere!" I said, making him sigh but nod his head.

"But I never did. Even now I resent her and I know that is wrong." He said as he turned to Emmett who was now being held back by Ian and Carlisle.

"What did she ever do to you?" Emmett roared as Jasper moved to help keep him under control.

"She did nothing. It was the fact that she was there. That she had your whole heart and I knew deep down I would never find that. Not with Bella at least. I may have chosen Bella and she chose me but she can love more than one person. Brooklyn has never even thought about being with anyone other than you. You all have that!" He said and I sighed as did Carlisle.

"It takes some people longer than others to find their mate. We have no control over it." Carlisle said but Emmett was still pissed. "You took it out on a child. A child who had no clue what was even happening was cruel. She had no clue she was Emmett's mate." He said as steps could be heard from behind me. Emmett lost all the fight he had in him as Brooklyn walked down the stairs. Rosalie followed holding Jace who had fallen asleep in her arms.