November 27, 2023

Ok so my dad just quit his job. He is overworked and stressed so much. When my mom got one of her surgeries last year, he didn't get a day off for like 3 months. The same just recently happened but for like a month the this time. Someone he hired just a few months ago just quit today and he's not going to try searching for more people to hire. Not to mention that he had to work at two stores from across town. But here's the thing,

My dad is the only one paying the bills and for my mom and my healthcare and insurance. Since he just quit, we lost insurance. Message me if you want to hear more about MY health issues because I would right now but that could be it's own chapter.

Now we have to cut back on spendings because 1. My mom is waiting for her healthcare thing so she can be paid by the government without doing labor 2. Just my mom and my medical expenses are like THOUSANDS for just a few weeks. So we are no longer going to have cable, luckily we'll still have Netflix and YouTube. I mean, as long as I have my phone and all the apps I use are still fine then I'm fine. But this is not okay.

My dad has been working at...the store for 30 years now. It's also been THIRTY YEARS since he's had a day of for Christmas and his birthday. And now because he quit, he'll finally get to celebrate it with us without worrying about work. And going back to him working, he's not gonna work for a long time because he is SO overworked. But like, how are we supposed to get money to pay the bills?!

And this is another reason why I want to get a job next year. I would've tried this year but I'm too young. But, this is definitely going to be a difficult rest of our year so bear with me. I'm also going to delay some of the requests until m my other book because that is the least of my priorities (school and exams being number one)

So that's what happened today, not including school, seeing all my friends after a week, thanksgiving with my entire family, etc.
I hope you guys have a nice day/night.