5. Ananti's Punishment

Kashmira gasped as she looked at the scene. She couldn't believe her eyes. These kunwaries in the ShtriMahal was the well reputed daughters of the ministers of Royal Court. No matter how much they created trouble, Kashmira never had the gut to punish them physically. Maybe this was also the reason that few unofficial wives could be too bold to overlook their own boundaries. But the current scenery infront of her was something she never imagined.

On the other hand the corner of Nandini's lips twitched. She looked at the woman who fell on the floor without an ounce of pity in her eyes. The woman on the floor had her lips cut and anyone could see the red liquid trailing down her jaw.

"How dare you interrupt without any permission? Who do you think you are to invade inside the room and disturbed my Samragyi?" Medha hissed at Ananti.

Ananti was pampered daughter in her family and no one had ever scolded her harshly let alone slapping her. She felt like her head was buzzing and stars were roaming infront of her eyes. The slap was so hard that it blinded her visions for a moment. She didn't noticed anyone moving towards her until she felt the unendurable pain on her face. Her eyes started to brimmed with tears as she finally realised what's happening. The glare Medha gave her was so chilling that it made her body cold.

Nandini noticed the situation and smiled, "do not be too harsh Medha, she must be unaware of the palace rules. Of course, it wasn't her fault too. Her family must be too excited that they forgot to hire a good teacher to reach the etiquette of the royal palace" her words were slow yet it stabbed like a sharp knife.

Being slapped then insulted to this point Ananti felt she couldn't raise her head to look at anyone. Today she felt like these people in the room didn't cared about her reputation nor they seemed to affected by the fact she is the daughter of Financial Minister.

"Nandini this..." Kashmira looked at her with disbelief. Ananti belong to the well reputed family in the capital. Of course she would be trained to live the royal palace. Her father was the ambitious one, he would never let his daughter go without proper training.

Before Kashmira could say more Nandini turned to look at her, "Rajkunwariji, please don't mind such incidents. Now that I am here I will make sure everything stays in control. Medha lead her out and make sure to hire a etiquette teacher for Ananti Kunwari" she smiled, "if she needed to be represented infront of guests in near future, I don't want Samrat to be embarassed by her. I would take her audacity but what about royal guests?"

Medha pulled Ananti up harshly without any mercy and dragged her out like a piece of garbage. Kashmira looked at the scene and saw Nandini's sevika has strength in her. Manik told her that she wouldn't regret meeting the Samragyi and suddenly Kashmira felt though the situation was fierce it should be done like this. She decided to let the matter go. Afterall she is tired of hearing the naggings of the kunwaries and she wanted peace.

"Since you are leading to handle the matter then I will leave it to you. But you need an official power to avert any questions later. Sulachana bring the seal" Kashmira said.

Sulachana instantly knew what seal it was and immediately went to withdraw it. In the mean time Kashmira nodded at Nandini, "I have been handling the matters of ShtriMahal and now I am getting old and wanted to spend my days in peace. Now that ShtriMahal has its owner from today onwards I will hand it to you"

Nandini smiled at her. That's why I am here. She thought in her mind. That evil man wanted her to handle this place. If I couldn't make chaos then I couldn't rest myself in peace. Her chain of thoughts broken when Sulachana retired with a seal in her hand.

"Rajkunwari"

Kashmira took the seal and handed it to Nandini, "this is the seal of ShtriMahal. After holding the seal all the responsibility of the ShtriMahal is yours now" after doing so she felt a huge weight left her chest.