74. Gift For Minister

"Prizzi, why does  Rajkunwar seems so hostile towards you? He seemed like wanted to point out all the criticisms in everything you do" Purna side glanced at Chandrakant before looking at Nandini was was busy tying rope at the bottom of the arrow.

"We have just encountered. How do you think he will be comfortable with me?" Nandini asked , "the first impression of the meeting depends on the situation whether it would be warm or cold. Besides I don't mind his treatment. A tough person like him.... Hmm..such attitude suits him" she said. "Now we should play, be alert" saying this Nandini positioned the arrow in the bow to shoot.

Behind her a little far away Chandrakant and Manik was standing watching the scene. Chandrakant slightly frowned when he saw Nandini ready to shoot an arrow. She knows archery? He turned to look at Manik and found there's no surprise on his face. He knows too?

"Bhaishree, do you think such idea is reliable? It's already getting dark. At such moments I don't think fishing is the best choice with such method" Chandrakant couldn't help but ask.

Manik averted his gaze from the scene towards his brother, "you should conclude after observing from every possible angle. Sometimes when we think it's not possible, things might be the most easiest one. It's a matter of observation"

"I never knew that Bhabhishree knows archery"

"You don't even know her at all" Manik smiled, "you should put a little more efforts in knowing her. You won't end up being disappointed"

Chandrakant frowned, "huh?" He couldn't fathom the meaning of his brother. Suddenly a small cry from the river side caught his attention. His head quickly snapped towards the scene infront. He could clearly see that the sevika beside Nandini was holding the arrow which tip pierced a fish in middle.

"What?" Chandrakant's eyes went wide with his jaw dropping. "They really caught one?"

Manik glanced at him slightly without any words. Of course he wouldn't be surprised knowing her ability and smartness and his brother at this moment looks more comical to him.

"Close your mouth or a fly could get inside" Manik tapped Chandrakant's chin making the other person quickly change his expression.

"I was just—" Chandrakant tried to give some explanation.

"I understand, it was accidental of course" Manik nodded then turned to look at the scene infront again. Though he wasn't showing much expression but his eyes were filled with laughter. Chandrakant beside him faked cough to hide his embarrassment.

Few moments later....

"Ah! There's many, these will be enough for the meal" Purna looked at the busket she was holding filled with fishes.

Nandini glanced at it, "it will be enough?"

"Yes" Purna nodded.

"Hmm..." Nandini's eyes fell in the water and saw a movement. "Shh ... There's a bigger one" she whispered. She has caught medium sized fishes and now seeing the movement she couldn't hold herself back. In a spit of second she shoot the arrow following the movement in the water. Once the arrow fell in the water Purna tugged the rope harshly pulling it out of the water. The arrow pierced a bigger fish this time.

"Ah! It's really a bigger one" Purna exclaimed in surprise.

"Enough for today. Let's get back" Nandini was satisfied with her work and untied the robe from the arrow before heading back while Purna threw the bigger fish in the basket and followed her behind carrying the basket.

Seeing them returning back Chandrakant frowned, "they are returning back?"

"Oh? Let's see what surprises they brought back" Manik smiled and walked towards them. "Are you done?" He asked Nandini.