61. The Scheming Festival

The ceremony day...

The celebration of Holi was high and the capital was bustling with happiness. The shops in the streets were full of colours and people were busy buying it. Some are talking, some are drinking in the restaurant but all of them were enjoying their time fully. The Rajmahal of Gangghor is also bustling with the preparation of the festival. Since it was the first festival after the marriage of Samrat everything was needed to be perfect.

At this time Sambhara was busy in the kitchen. She instructed the sevikas then turned to the baavarchee in charge. "Today is a special day and there will be many guests in the festival. No matter what everyone shouldn't leave without eating"

The baavarchee nodded, "kunwari don't worry. We have prepared enough food. No one will leave without a bite" he smiled as he replied.

Sambhara was satisfied, "I have already made the list which dishes should be there in the menu. And the last dish was specially made for the royal family, so don't include it with other dishes"

"Yes, I will remember that" baavarchee nodded in understanding manner.

Just they were talking Dyuti walked in the pakashala holding colours in a plate. Sambhara turned to look at them said the baavarchee, "I have to leave now. After the tilak ceremony I will come to check again" after saying this she left the pakashala with Dyuti.

"Is everyone in the hall?" Sambhara asked as they walk.

"Yes, Samrat and Samragyi has arrived too along with others. It's just us who need to attend" Dyuti replied.

"Let's go fast then. I don't want them to blame me for being late" Sambhara increased her pace.

"Kunwari Maya was already there attending everyone"

Sambhara snorted, "humph. Why wouldn't she be? Afterall she has taken the responsibility of outer arrangements. Of course she would be enjoying the advantages. How can a woman like her let the chance go? She made me suffer in the culinary section and herself enjoying all the privileges" she couldn't help but feel her heart burning again. Losing for several times in row she was quite resentful.

"Kunwari don't worry. No matter what Kunwari Maya don't have a huge support like yours. Rajrani is still there to help you in need unlike Maya who only got her father to lean on. But since the Prime minister is a male he couldn't interfere in the matters of ShtriMahal"

"Don't speak too loud. Anyone could hear you" Sambhara glared at Dyuti. "Don't forget we only have enemies here"

"Please forgive me, it's my fault" Dyuti immediately apologised.

"Now shut up and hurry" Sambhara said and they hurriedly rushed towards the inner hall.

In the inner hall of the of the palace called, 'Arambha Kaksh' everyone was present for the tilak ceremony. The first Holi tilak would be given to the lord to start the ceremony. Nandini and Manik were wearing yellow attire as per tradition. They stood at center while the family members stood at side. Kunwaries were also asked to join the ceremony.

"Samrat, Samragyi offer the first tilak to the Lord" the rajpurohit who was waiting to perform Puja said.The Arambha Kaksh has the small temple at the side corner. This place was holy and only the rajpurohit was allowed to walk inside the temple in normal days. The lord worshiped in the temple was the greatest love couple Lord Krishna and Goddess Radharani. Nandini looked at Manik and he nodded. Then they both took pinch of Holi colour and did the tilak to the statue of the Lord Radha-krishna. Then the rajpurohit started the arti to perform rajpuja.

Sambhara hurried in with Dyuti but she missed the chance to attend the tilak. She stopped looking at the scene. In the Kunwari line, Maya spotted her immediately and threw a small smile towards her. The smile was clearly the mocking one making fun of Sambhara who came late. Sambhara saw the provocation in Maya's eyes. She clenched her fist and turned her head ignoring her.