31. Attack In The Hunt

Shreelata entered the room and saw Chandra was sobbing sitting on chair. Her two sevikas were standing with a worried face. Shreelata couldn't help but felt dejected seeing her daughter crying like that. She quickly walked towards her and stroked her head slowly.

"Chandra, why are you crying like that?"

Chandra looked up. Her beautiful face was now in mess. Her make up got ruined and the flowers in her head got loosened. Shreelata was kind of surprised, she has never seen her daughter in such a state.

"Maashree, you said that Samrat of Gangghor will come for me so I have to prepare myself to meet him personally. But the scene I have seen today is what we call worthy of waiting all these years?" Chandra asked as she sobbed. Her question made Shreelata tongue tied. She don't know how to answer her daughter or give any kind of explanation.

"Chandra, you are a smart girl but why are you behaving like this today? Whatever the matter is Samrat may not know about it, this is why he married the Samragyi" Shreelata softened her voice, "your Babashree will talk to Samrat at right time. Then we will see what can be done"

Hearing that Chandra stopped her sobs, "but Maashree how could that happen? He already has a Samragyi"

Shreelata smiled, "you are underestimating the royal men dear. It's not only Samragyi that the royal ruler marries. There are other wives in the mahal. Take your Babashree as an example, he is the ruler of Varhamgarh and as the supreme monarch he couldn't settle with one woman. Don't he has other wives in the mahal too?"

"But Maashree, Banashree cares for you that's why he never gave any official title to his other wives, yet Samrat has already chosen his Samragyi. Would he agree to change it?" Chandra shook her head, "the way that Samragyi behaved I have the intuition that Samrat is really pleased by her"

Shreelata smiled at her words. "You are still not understanding my dear, a man's love lasts till he finds it fresh and beautiful. The current Samragyi doesn't possess the national beauty. Who knows how long Samrat would care or stay pleased by her? You are overthinking everything. Listen to me, you don't have to think about it at this moment. All you have to do is take good care of our guests. Make sure they don't find any opportunities to place complains from they side"

Chandra wiped her tears and slowly nodded, "since you said it, I will do as you say"

"Now go and change your clothes before doing your make up again. Come out soon" Shreelata felt happy as she her daughter quickly grab hold of the situation.

"Yes" Chandra nodded again. Her two sevikas helped her to change her cloths. Shreelata looked at the scene totally satisfied before quietly leaving the room. At least she could give some explanation to Chandra for the moment. But her heart was still restless because she knows how heavy the situation has turned this time.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

After the harmonious meal everyone joined in the hall to chitchat. Shreelata looked at her husband giving a hint. Ujjay frowned slightly at her then turned to look  at his guests.

"Samrat I heard you like hunting?"

Manik who was holding the glass of wine in his hand gave a slight nod, "I like hunting specially something wild" as he said his eyes traveled towards the other side where the women were sitting. The certain someone threw a glare at him which made him smirk.

"What a coincidence! I was even thinking for hunting these days but because of there no one to accompany me, it was somehow fell into boredom. Would you like to join for a short hunting trip?" Ujjay stated with a smile.