75.Arrow Game

Next day they set for the journey again. They took the forest way this time and planned to cross the area before the sun set. As usual Manik and Nandini was sitting in the carriage. Chandrakant choose to ride the horse with other soldiers even though there's another carriage prepared for him.

Nandini slides the curtain looking outside the window. It has been days since she traveled this familiar place. In the past she used to play around here with her girls. Manik looked observed her expression closely.

"You seem to be reminiscing the past memories" he said. He was sitting across her so he could see her expression well.

"Those days were magical" Nandini blurted out.

"Magical?" Manik raised an eyebrow. For a realistic woman like her to say such fantasy word doesn't suit her at all.

"You believe in magical defination?"

Nandini averted her gaze from outside and turned to look at him, "no, but memories are dropped to that dimension. We could only gether few pieces and let our mind travel there and live for a while. It couldn't happen without being magically connected with the thoughts"

Manik was amazed. For someone like her to run her mind so philosophically, he don't know how many secrets this woman stored for herself. He was curious to discover every single bit of her.

"Do you remember any specific moment?"

"There are many" her reply was short and fast. But she didn't show any sign of desire to talk about scene.

"The memories built in the past always has some effects in present too. Whether it's bad or good, it would linger in mind for such a long time. Sometimes it would become a nightmare to snatch dreams or become a reason to smile" Manik also looked outside through the window. His remark made Nandini think of his past. When Kashmira explained few scenes of his past life she could understand that it wasn't pleasent.

Royal life was always filled with hardships. Only outsider would think that royal life is luxurious and filled with happiness. But who knows about the struggle in the cage of the luxurious wall hidden from the views of outer world. She looked at him feeling mixed emotions. She never had the intention of tying herself with a man belong to the royal family let alone marrying a king. But fate dropped her in the mess and now she is completely tangled in between. She sighed inwardly, she couldn't undo anything that happened already. Besides for her marriage is one lifetime experience. Whether she likes it or not, she wouldn't break it.

But at this moment looking at her husband she felt like comforting him. This thought suddenly erupt in her heart. She reached out placing her hand over his hand. Manik turned to look at her. Though no words were shared between them they both found the silence was little more peaceful. The sudden roar of the thunder broken their trance. Nandini turned to look at the window again. She could see the dark clouds covering the clear sky. And drops of water fell on the window frame.

"Ah! It's raining. What a coincidence!"  Nandini exclaimed puring her lips. She looked dissatisfied.

"If it gets heavy, travelling won't be good either" Manik said. "Is there any place to rest for a while until the rain stops?"

Nandini looked at him, "there's a rock cave. I guess it would help?" She frowned.

The movement of the carriage stopped and Chandrakant came into view. "Bhaishree, it's raining, we have to stop before it gets heavy"

"There's a cave near, find it soon to stay"

Chandrakant nodded and gestured the army. He moved away and the carriage started to move again.