15. Reward From Samrat

🎉 Happy New Year Loves 🎉

I hope the first day of new year has gone well and all of you enjoyed it fully. Starting from today it's another chapter that we stepped in. May god bless you all to stay healthy and happy throughout the whole year.

🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊

Samragyi Mahal... East Wing of ShtriMahal.

Later at night Nandini was enjoying her dinner when Medha ran inside informing about Samrat's arrival. She was surprised at first. She didn't think that he would visit at this time. But since he is here, she have to attend him. She left her half eaten plate and got up washing her hand. As she walked inside the inner hall, she saw Manik walking in.

"Samrat" she said as she bowed a little showing courtesy.

Manik looked at the woman infront of him. She played  good in the court and dragged down Birbhrat's precious daughter. He was aware about the fact of this huge planning that Birbhrat made. The Prime Minister wanted to use Vehila to control him. Vehila was ambitious and was a good pick as a chess piece for seduction. And at the end of the game of throne, he would have ended up as a puppet in the hands of minister which would call disaster for the nation. Those ministers are getting more active than before.

"You played well in the court. The play was quite satisfactory" Manik said straightly without wasting any words of pleasantries.

He is here to say this? Nandini thought to herself. She wasn't expecting him to come personally to say this words. Since she met him, he was always that cold-hearted bastard who will use everyone as his chess piece in the game. And unintentionally she has become one of his chess pieces too. Now he is using her the way he wants to deal with things. When she thinks of these point she suddenly became dissatisfied about her own situation. She felt like she was stuck in the sea and couldn't find a way to save herself.

Manik on the other hand didn't cared about her reaction. He pulled out a small bottle and threw it towards her carelessly. It was a reward for her action. But whether she could get it or not it also depends on her. But fortunately Nandini has sharp instinct so she was able to catch the thing in time before it fell on the floor. Manik smirked at her swift action.

She is kind of good.

"It's your reward for your good play. I am quite satisfied by the way you handled things. I don't like wasting my time so since you worked well then you will be rewarded accordingly" he said with unwavering cold tone.

Nandini stared at the small bottle in her hand. If she remembered correctly it was the antidote of her poison. But there's still time for her to get it yet he was giving her earlier than the expected time as a reward? She looked up at him. Dealing with him wasn't a bad idea though. This man is quite...

"There's still few more days before you get the dose, but since you made me satisfied with your play, I am rewarding you earlier. But you have to take it in time or it won't work"

Nandini nodded, "thank you for the grace Samrat. I am glad I could live up Samrat's expectations to have such grace" she said without hiding the pleasing tone.

Manik narrowed his eyes on her, "you are quite understanding. Anyways, just because I am rewarding you this time don't have any expectations anything for future. There's still time to know whether you can keep up with the situation or not"

"I understand Samrat. I dare not expect more than anything I have in the present" Nandini's reply made him please.

"It's good that you are smart" Manik said and turned around leaving the inner hall. Nandini stood there with a purse lips. Such a supercilious personality. She cursed in her mind.