76. The Third Wheeler?

"Humph! You still think you can beat me?" The man asked with his hoarse voice before moving forward. "For a arrogant woman like you, you need some lessons to keep you in the boundary"

"Alas! That's beyond your ability" Nandini mocked making the man more angrier. He looked like he wanted to kill her in any moment.

"You arrogant woman" the man almost shouted and in a swift moment flew towards Nandini.

Nandini has already predicted his move and quickly jumped off the other side of the horse creating the poor animal as a barrier between them. "Please, talking the one who sneak around the dark and attack with cowardice move?"

"You-you-you- how dare you?" The man growled.

"I dare everything. But do you dare to challenge?" Nandini laughed.

"How dare you insult me like that?" The man grew more angry. He suddenly jumped on the horse then moved towards Nandini's side. The movement was strong and fast. Nandini stood there without avoiding this time. Then a slap landed on her back.

"Were you planning to harm me earlier? Why the hell you shot three arrows?" He glared at her.

She leaned on the horse eyeing him with a smirk, "I see you still couldn't avoid the triple arrow technique? It has been years yet you are still the same" it was a indirect mocking.

"Yo-"

"What's happening?" Manik couldn't tolerate their playful act anymore and decided to barge into the conversation. Both of them looked at him.

Nandini pursed her lips. She almost forgot that he was here too along with all other people around. She sighed and moved a little away.

"Who are you?" The person asked.

"I could ask the same thing" Manik retorted.

Nandini eyed the both man then decided to take the initiative for the introduction. "Samrat let me introduce you, he is Kshatra, my childhood companion" she said looking at Manik. Then she turned to Kshatra, "he is the Samrat of Gangghor and also my husband"

Kshatra's almost popped out of his shoket. "What did you say? Your husband?" He looked dumbfounded like he couldn't believe what he has just heard.

Nandini nodded slowly, "is it that hard to believe?"

"Since when you tangled yourself in the relationship matter? And here I almost thought you vowed to live a soloist life" Kshatra said which dissatisfied Manik more. He frowned slightly not liking what he just heard.

Nandini sighed. He really have to mention that? "Situation are different now. Besides I was not omnipotent to predict my future. It was an expression of my thoughts but not a permanent oath"

Kshatra shook his head, "does-"

"Yes" before he could speak Nandini replied. "I have already told them"

"Humph! So it was only me who didn't?" Kshatra looked angry.

Nandini side eye him, "did you want me to look around for your destination just to share that news? I was busy then"

Kshatra's lips twitched annoyingly, "of course, you were always busy"

"Shall we move?" Manik asked again, "of course if it doesn't interfere your conversation" he looked at Nandini.

"Yes, we still need to cross a long way" Nandini nodded. "I am returning home, are you joining?" She looked at Kshatra. That question pissed Manik more. His mind was blasting. Why the hell she is inviting him now?