51. Taking His Approval

Manik was walking towards Nandini's house when he stopped suddenly and looked towards the commotion created not far from him. At first he frowned slightly. The sevikas running here and there while the scream could be heard now and then.

"What's happening there?" He asked.

"Samrat, that place is where the foreigners staying currently" Pallav replied immediately.

"Oh, them?" Manik nodded. He was still looking towards the commotion and was about to step forward when Nandini's voice reached his ear.

"Samrat?" Manik turned to see Nandini walked out of the house. She slowly walked towards him.

"I was coming to you" Manik said and another scream echoed. Both of them turned to look at the scene again. Now the few guards went towards the house and stood at door while the foreign king walked in the middle entering the house in rush.

Nandini smiled when she saw that. She felt satisfaction blooming in her heart. When Manik turned to look at her he caught her expression and raised an eyebrow.

"You are still making trouble?" He asked.

Nandini abruptly turned to look at him, "what are you saying Samrat? I couldn't get your point" she put an innocent expression.

Manik gestured her with his eyes, "still not?"

Nandini pursed her lips, "how can you blame me all the time? It's not my doing. Besides I have just given the experience how does it feel like to taste the own medicine" she replied twisting the words.

"You really know how to explain yourself" Manik sighed.

"It's still not my fault" she said again.

"Of course, I understand it well" he nodded. "Let's go, dinner is waiting for us" he grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards him.

"Dinner? Where?" Nandini was confused.

"Pradhan is organising a small banquet tonight and we are invited" he replied as he started to walk dragging her with him.

"Didn't we had lunch with them?" Nandini frowned.

"It's not bad to join in dinner too. Besides it's always sounds rude to decline the invitation when we are living in their place.

"Samrat can you please walk a little slower?" Nandini asked as she found it hard to match his fast pace. In reality she is not habituated with the walking pace of other girls but her cloths are not giving her the comfort to walk fast and match his pace. She always likes those assassin cloths and rarely present herself in womanly form.

Hearing her Manik stopped and looked at her, "you are getting slower now" he said to her.

Nandini frowned. Is he complaining now? Her heart filled with dissatisfaction. What's wrong with him? It was him, only because of him I was forced to wear such cloths much to my annoyance and now he was even insulting me? The nerve of this man. She cursed in her heart.

Manik observed her reacting, "what? Are you cursing me in that little head of yourself?"

Nandini forced a smile, "How could I dare to do such thing Samrat? You are just little thoughtful"

Manik smirked and leaned towards her. Nearing their faces he looked into her eyes, "even though you are cursing, it won't help you" he said making her expression to twist more.

Behind them, Pallav, Isha and Purna stood lowering their head. They stood like a statue and behaved like they didn't even exists at the current moment.