77. She is....

Kaushal cleared his throat to ease the tension in the room. He looked at Nandini before saying, "yes, Nandini you should try it first. It's a reunion after such a long time. Everyone in the family missed you a lot"

Nandini picked up the chicken before taking a bite. She tasted the flavour then suddenly made a face, "what-" her expression twisted as she looked at Kshatra who was smiling at her evilly. She understood it was a trick.

"Does it taste good? I hope you liked the flavour" he teased.

Nandini gritted her teeth. The flavour she hates the most is the tart. She don't like tart food. She put the chicken down before glaring at him, "I must thank you for this treat" she forced a smile, "of course, I will return the favour at right time"

"Oh, I will be waiting then" Kshatra nodded. They looked at each other like sharing a kind of communication through eyes.

"Are you planning to end the dinner while playing the staring game?" Manik asked making Nandini break the eye contact. She looked at him and found his solemn face.

"I was distracted" she whispered.

"Of course, you are getting distracted a lot" it was a mocking retort which made Nandini pout. Kshatra was not enough that he also joined? She desperately wanted to complain.

Finally the dinner went smoothly. Nandini finally felt free from the suffocating room. Back there if it was only her family, she would have scolded Kshatra with some colourful words. But because Manik was there along with Chandrakant she really don't want them to see such scene.

"Nini, since you are here, are you up for a race?" Kshatra gave a challenging look towards Nandini.

"Race?" Before Nandini could say anything Manik spoke. Nandini looked towards Manik. She don't know what to say.

At this moment Sunila decided to cut the conversation, "why are you this active today? Nandini has just arrived, let her rest for sometimes"

"She doesn't look tired to me" Kshatra replied.

"That's enough, it's already late, they had just taken a long journey. Even if there's no tiredness, one should let the body rest" Kaushal intervened. His eyes sharply looked towards Kshatra signaling him to stop.

Kshatra took the signal and let out a nervous laugh, "of course, I also have works to do. Then I will come later" he said then left immediately.

"Samrat, it's already late. Please rest early to relax your body"  Kaushal said to Manik and the later one just nodded his head.

"Nandini, go rest. We will talk everything later" Sunila smiled at Nandini.

Nandini nodded her head and watch her parents leaving. She sighed and felt someone grabbed her wrist. When she turned to look she found her husband already dragging her towards their room.

"Samrat?" She was confused.

Chandrakant stood there watching them. His face twisted then he rolled his eyes before walking towards his room. It's better not to watch them at all. He don't want to ruin his mind.

On the other side when Manik only let go of Nandini when they entered the house. Nandini was confused with his sudden rough behaviour. She couldn't find a point to reason our at all. Manik closed the door behind him focusing his eyes on her.

"Your childhood companion seemed to be clingy enough not to let go of you" he said even before she could ask anything.

She thought for a while. Was that too bothersome to him? She hasn't seen him being like this.