19. Suffering The Consequence

Next day Maya got up early and went to prepare the dishes in the kitchen. Last night she already thought how to handle everything. After Sambhara came and mocked her she was so angry that she wanted to kill Sambhara right there. But today she got hold of herself and went to the royal Pakshala early in the morning. The royal Pakshala sevaks were already there. When Maya saw that she was relieved. She handed the list of today's dishes to the Pradhan baavarchee.

"This is the list of the dishes that needed to be cooked today" Maya said to the baavarchee.

"Yes, I will prepare everything" the Pradhan baavarchee nodded his head and started to discuss with his helpers. The Pakshala started to get noisy. Maya and Dyuti stood at side looking at the scene. Maya felt slightly assured now. She just hoped that everything will be done without any problem. Once the dishes are ready she would go back and get ready to greet the guests.

Time was running and the dishes were almost ready to serve when Sambhara entered the Pakshala with her sevika. She was first dissatisfied seeing the scene. She wanted Maya to be miserable and beg her for help. But the current scene infront of her made her discard the own planing.

"Wow, you have already completed your task" Sambhara put a smile on her face as she entered.

Maya turned around and saw her which made her feel irritated. "Why are you here again? Haven't I told you that you don't have to interfere in my matter?"

"You are still so angry Maya? The banquet will be starting soon and the guests has already arrived. Samragyi is already greeting them so she asked me to check how far you have gone with the arrangements"

"The guests has already arrived?" Maya was shocked. She was so into in her thoughts that she even forgot to check the time.

Seeing her uneasiness Sambhara smiled, "why? Haven't you checked the time yet? May be if I didn't come then you would still be standing in the Pakshala and waiting for the call?"

Maya glared at her," cooking is not an easy task. Your responsibility is more easier than mine so don't boost yourself too much infront of me"

"Humph, you are saying that because you are afraid others would know you don't have any culinary skills" Sambhara snorted then covered her lips with handkerchief throwing a mocking laugh.

This action made Maya so angry that she wanted to rush towards her and slap across her face. Just when she was about to counterattack a young baavarchee came to her.

"Kunwari it would be better if you could check the dishes before it's taken out"

Maya fixed her posture and ignored Sambhara totally before walking towards the cooking area. Sambhara also followed in. She don't have any intention of leaving at all.

The dishes were done and was ready to take out. Maya checked the every dishes and felt satisfied. She nodded with a smile. "Everything is perfect"

"Shall we take the dishes out?" The Pradhan baavarchee asked.

"Yes, please send it to the Royal garden near the Lotus pond" Maya said. The baavarchee nodded his head. Sambhara who was behind noticed a big glass of milk kept on the table.

"Oh, why this milk glass is here?" Sambhara exclaimed which made Maya turned around abruptly. The action was so sudden that no one had the time to react. The glass of milk suddenly fell and the milk spilled entirely. But unfortunately the milk was hot and it directly splashed on Maya's hand.

"Ahh....." Maya screamed in pain and her skin instantly burnt. Sambhara jumped in shock as her eyes widened. She don't know how everything happened but it would looked like she was the one who spilled the hot milk to the onlookers. But she knew she didn't. She was even shocked by the current scene.