43. Samrat's Order

One hour has passed, then two and three. Chandra kneeled on the entrence clenching her fist. She gritted her teeth and endured the pain on her knees that started to tremble her whole body. The sevikas behind her reluctantly forcing themselves to do the same as their master. They couldn't just stand and watch that their master was kneeling. So they had to follow her lead. Chandra peeked up to see if anyone came out of the tent to look for her. But aside from the guards guarding the door with a cold hard face no one was there to be seen.

Why no one tried to help me up? She thought in her mind. She has taken this decision to make Nandini the evil who bullies her followers. The Samragyi letting the Rajkunwari kneel on the entrance was already a great showcase of a power. She wanted to prove that Nandini is such a jealous and narrow minded woman.

I have to endure it for a while. Chandra reminded herself. Gnashing her teeth she gathered her will power and ignore her aching legs.

"Rajkunwari what are you doing?" Sulohita asked frowning. She and Vrinda came to meet Manik but saw her kneeling infront of the door.

Chandra put a small smile while looking up, "Rajrani, I am punishing myself for the sin I have done. I know what I did was wrong. I was muddled at that moment. I just thought...." She started to sob, "that if Samragyi's aim failed it might hurt Samrat. But I was wrong to think that way. Samragyi is really capable. I shouldn't have done that. I know Samragyi is angry so I will kneel here till I earn her forgiveness" she sobbed silently.

Sulohita sighed then exchanged a look with Vrinda. Both of them has the helpless look.

"Rajkunwari, Nandini's anger is also justified. Afterall Samrat is her husband. You really shouldn't take her anger to heart. It may take few days but everything will be fine" Vrinda said trying to console her. "And as a Rajkunwari you shouldn't kneel here too. Others would take it wrongly"

"Samragyi I will kneel here till she forgive me" Chandra was determined to stay in her position.

"Rajkunwari Chandra think about your prestige. You can't behave like this"  Vrinda tried to persuade her again.

Chandra cried then suddenly rolled her eyes and fainted. Sulohita and Vrinda jumped in shock.

"Someone came and take Rajkunwari to her tent" Sulohita immediately ordered. Chandra who was acting to failed smiled inwardly. But before she could really feel happy she heard another voice.

"Oh she fainted?" The mocking tone of the person  left her surprised. She really came out? "I thought to finally accept her apology yet it seems that Rajkunwari couldn't withstand a little pain. Alas! Take her back to the tent"

Chandra's body trembled. Why is that she came out when she fainted? Couldn't she come little earlier? But at this moment she couldn't do anything. So she could only clench her teeth and feel herself being carried away.

Nandini stared at Chandra's figure who was carried away with a smile. Then she turned towards Sulohita and Vrinda and lead them inside. In the tent Manik was sitting on bed while drinking soup.

"I see that you are doing fine" Sulohita smiled.

"Nanishree" Manik nodded, "I am much better" he placed the bowl on the table.

"I am glad to hear" Sulohita nodded. "Now hear me Manik, don't ever do such thing again. Did you know how dangerous it was for you to fight with that tiger alone? Even his scratch was a life threatening, I don't even want to imagine what would have happened if that tiger attacked you fully" Sulohita gasped at her own words.

"I apologise for this trouble Nanishree, I promise this kind of things wouldn't happen again" Manik replied.

"Okay, now you must rest properly. We will visit later" after saying so Sulohita and Vrinda left the room. As soon as they left Pallav walked in.